Ubuntu logo

Developer Summit

< Monday >

09:00 - 09:55 EDT [PLENARY]
George Grey and Mark Shuttleworth
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
10:00 - 10:45 EDT
This session is for reviewing the state of Distributed Development, and planning for the next cycle.

Participants:
attending alkisg (Alkis Georgopoulos)
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending kiranmurari (Kiran Murari)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nataliabidart (Natalia Natalia)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending tgm4883 (Thomas Mashos)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending build images ( Ubuntu ARM )
Make image builds possible outside the data center and easily accessible and reproducible to developers, testers and end-users. The current setup is not easily installable on other computers and is not very well documented either. Evaluate what OEM/Linaro do in this area.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending david.chen (David Chen)
attending eric-canonical (Eric Williams)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jani (Jani Monoses)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending jk-ozlabs (Jeremy Kerr)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending rbelem (Rodrigo Belem)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vanessa-chang (Vanessa Chang)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed)
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VI
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Not Attending ITSM for Orchestra ( Server and Cloud )
ITSM stands for IT service management. ITSM is a discipline for managing information technology (IT) systems, philosophically centered on the customer's perspective of IT's contribution to the business. ITSM stands in deliberate contrast to technology-centered approaches to IT management and business interaction. In order to differentiate ourselves from other orchestration products we should offer at least an Inventory Management system (ocsinventory) and a Request Tracker (rt).

Participants:
attending ameetp (Ameet Paranjape)
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending dhenrich (Dean Henrichsmeyer)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending kiranmurari (Kiran Murari)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending mordred (Monty Taylor)
attending murthyraju-manthena (Murthy Raju)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending zhengpeng-hou (ZhengPeng Hou)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Currently we are accessing the banshee database directly. This has the advantages of being very fast, and very flexible. It however is a bit evil. There are possibilities of crashing banshee, locking, etc. A better solution is a standalone daemon/dbus interface that reads the db, and that can shutdown when banshee starts up. This has a lot of other benefits such as using banshee's library code so that all our search align with the same searching that's already inside of banshee.

Participants:
attending alexlauni (Alex Launi)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending uriboni (Ugo Riboni)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Tasks from daily community roundtable sessions

Participants:
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending claydoh (Clay Weber)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending duanedesign (Duane d)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending randall (Randall Ross)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Monday's security roundtable

Tracks:
  • Security
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed)
A training session about how the Linaro development process works with emphasis on how it fits in with the new roadmapping process.

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending ishikawa-jun-07 (Jun Ishikawa)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Training
Grand Sierra F (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
(Probably informal) The toolchain is available in Ubuntu and Linaro Android, and as an community option in a range of other build systems. Discuss Yocto support.

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending michaelh1 (Michael Hope)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Toolchain
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There is no standard way to scale frequency and voltage for peripherals in Linux. Devfreq is a proposal meant to address that. Discuss how it works.

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending skannan-p (Saravana Kannan)
attending steve-bannister (Steve Bannister)
attending vederekiran (Kiran Vedere)

Tracks:
  • Power Management
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Board Support Levels and Lifecycle ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Define what levels of support to apply to boards and how they path that support levels can take Define how board support gets picked up (BOL) and phased out (End Of Life)

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)
attending vjanicki (Victoria Janicki)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
11:00 - 11:55 EDT
Many new laptop models come with two gfx chips, one with lower power consumption and other with more gfx processing power. What options exist to provide a better user experience to switch between the two, and what can be accomplished within the Precise timeframe.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending alexhung (Alex Hung)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending anthonywong (Anthony Wong)
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)
attending vanessa-chang (Vanessa Chang)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Based on feedback from the Ubuntu Community Survey (http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/10/24/ubuntu-community-survey-results/), the community get really motivated by seeing their contributions acknowledged and users thanking them because of them. This session is to discuss how we can improve this in the community.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending psusi (Phillip Susi)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending randall (Randall Ross)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Overview of Ubuntu Automated QA and high level plans going forward.

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed)
Complete the Unity Greeter design

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending alkisg (Alkis Georgopoulos)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending dyams (Lohith D Shivamurthy)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending mesq (Mika Meskanen)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
First session of the week, meet the team Review Oneiric

Participants:
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending rbelem (Rodrigo Belem)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Several ideas for improving debhelper support for Python: * python-multibuild for python3 w/ dh integration * dh_auto_test Others?

Participants:
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending menesis (Gediminas Paulauskas)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mordred (Monty Taylor)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending quadrispro (Alessio Treglia)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The Ubuntu Software Center version 5.0, introduced in Ubuntu 11.10, features a brand new user interface. For the Precise cycle, we will refine the new Software Center experience to speed things up considerably (in particular, to fix the regression in startup time), to make further improvements to the visual presentation, and to clean up all remaining inconsistencies and rough edges. The goal is a Software Center that is rock-solid, responsive, and a true pleasure to use. We will also consider new features to be added (particularly, Recommendations), as well as enhancements to existing features. The Recommendations feature is covered in a separate blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/consumer-p-software-center-recommendations

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cparrino (Cristian Parrino)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending jpugh (John Pugh)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mmcg069 (Matthew McGowan)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending uriboni (Ugo Riboni)

Tracks:
  • Consumer
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Planning to take glproxy from a proof of concept level to a library suitable for integration into a real-world application like glcompbench (for example).

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Android Toolchain Benchmarking ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Give an overview of what is currently being done for Android toolchain benchmarking in Linaro. Discuss future enhancements we should look into. Agenda: * explain what I currently do each month * discuss some of the short-comings * discuss some of the future ideas we have and get other ideas on what we should do to improve this Goals: * decide what areas we should focus on related to android toolchain benchmarking going forward * get an idea of the effort required * does Andy have the time to do this on his own

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending ishikawa-jun-07 (Jun Ishikawa)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Joint session between kernel and toolchain working groups to discuss options to improve the kernel debugging experience.

Participants:
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending m-k-edwards (Michael K. Edwards)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Toolchain
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
12:00 - 13:00 EDT
An informational session to educate new UDD users that includes a short demo and informs more experienced users about new features.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending carifio (Mike Carifio)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nataliabidart (Natalia Natalia)
attending psusi (Phillip Susi)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)
attending uriboni (Ugo Riboni)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
At several points in the oneiric cycle, there were mismatched expectations regarding the handling of the toolchain. Despite discussions at last UDS that concluded with agreement that the kernel did not need to check the exact compiler version in use for building out of tree modules, the kernel team expected to use the same compiler version for building the kernel across all architectures for a given milestone, a requirement that the foundations team was not aware of. The outcome of this session is to be an understanding of any requirements for toolchain stabilization (gcc, binutils) from other parts of the team and a description of any freezes (timelines, scope, and rationale) that need to be applied to the toolchain for precise above and beyond the standard freezes.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Figure out how to get Firefox building with elfhack again. achiang brought this up here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/PBlueprintIdeas

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private ops review for Samsung LT

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
The Hardware Certification team routinely performs certification testing of Kernel SRUs for recent releases. The objective is to run a small test suite on every system that has been certified with stock Ubuntu and ensure no regressions have occurred. This compliments the testing done by QA through the sheer range of hardware components and drivers exercised in the testing. The goal is to protect the Ubuntu user with a certified system from suddenly finding that something important doesn't work. Currently the test suite consists of just over 20 tests as defined at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/kernel-sru-workflow/CertificationTestSuite. These tests are unlikely to fail unless there has been a major regression and due to the automated nature of the testing (which is essential due to the volume of systems which need to be covered in a short period of time) there are no manual tests. So far this has meant that even though there have been regressions encountered in SRU updates, the certification testing process has not picked them up. Some have been bugs that could only be discovered through manual testing and some have been fairly obscure corner cases that the test suite simply didn't address. The goal of this blueprint is to significantly increase the coverage of the SRU test suite within a few limits, the first being that all tests must be automated and the second being that there needs to be a sensible limit on the execution time of the test suite (to be discussed, but a guideline would be 30 minutes to 1 hour) so that SRUs can still be released in a timely manner. Each test should have as high a value as possible, so must focus on the most important hardware functionality first. Wireless testing is non-existent and testing of graphics and audio is not as good as it should be for such important pieces of functionality, so we intend to increase coverage in these areas at least. When considering new tests to add we will be looking to keep the SRU test suite synchronized with the test suite used to certify systems. This means that in the first instance new SRU tests should be sourced from the certification test suite and if a suitable test is not found then any new test created should also be included in the certification test suite. Initial thoughts on what needs to be tested are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fHfOnnnVCXsSayz3XlaL9hgrl-uTBXHx7Ijbkc6aKTo/edit?hl=en_US == Agenda == * Introduction and overview * Wireless testing * Video testing * Audio testing * Q&A/Comments

Participants:
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending bladernr (Jeff Lane)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending ctf (Tim Chen)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jk-ozlabs (Jeremy Kerr)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending sconklin (Steve Conklin)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending timg-tpi (Tim Gardner)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Openstack Next Steps ( Server and Cloud )
The purpose of blueprint will keep track of the work needed to be done for integrating the Essex release into Precise.

Participants:
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending coleton (cole crawford)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending mordred (Monty Taylor)
attending murthyraju-manthena (Murthy Raju)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending ttx (Thierry Carrez)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Once http://plus.google.com becomes more than just invite-only, I would love to see Gwibber integration (in the form of an installable .deb of a plugin) for it... Hopefully when the Google+ API comes out, it would be much easier...

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending njpatel (Neil J. Patel)
attending randall (Randall Ross)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We want to start building a support community around application development topics and start promoting the resources we're going to use for that: - The ubuntu-app-devel mailing list - Askubuntu - ...

Participants:
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cparrino (Cristian Parrino)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending jpugh (John Pugh)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending pat-mcgowan (Pat McGowan)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussion about how we build experiences in Ubuntu from the design to implementation level.

Participants:
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cjcurran (Conor Curran)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending macslow (Mirco Müller)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Currently Linaro uses a PPA for the package Overlay, and unless the source package requires a -dbg package, no dbg symbol package is provided for it. Discuss about possible ways to make dbg packages available for the Ubuntu LEB own packages/changes, covering the currently solution for Ubuntu and if it can be also applied for our ppa/derived distro.

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Planning session for work needed to support UCM on Android for the Linaro development boards.

Participants:
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We're planning to support KVM on A15. This session is to discuss the QEMU parts of this. It's engineering-focused and QEMU-focused (the more general discussion and aspects which cut across different Linaro and external teams will be done in a different session).

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)

Tracks:
  • Toolchain
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Linaro Educational Outreach ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Linaro's platforms allow the engineers of tomorrow to work on today's cutting edge SoCs with the leaders in the opensource community. This session will discuss this and come up with some concrete goals to enable outreach programs. Goals: Create a set of milestones and plans to test-run educational programs Select candidate programs Discuss interns and projects that may be interesting Agenda: Establish Linaro's educational outreach goals Have Dave Pigott give an overview of the school that would like to work with Linaro Discuss a possible program for the school Discuss adding other schools Talk about logistics Zach to talk about getting a program at UT off the ground, sister school? Interns, we now have some, talk about projects Other

Participants:
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Planning for a graphics benchmark dashboard that should be integrated with http://validation.linaro.org. There are to be 3 views into the data as described here: https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4143/GWG2011-BENCHMARK-DASHBOARD

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
13:00 - 14:00 EDT
Lunch
14:00 - 14:30 EDT [PLENARY]
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
Not Attending Introduction to the Week ( Linaro Summits )
Introduction to the Week

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:30 - 14:45 EDT [PLENARY]
Stefano Zacchiroli: Debian Project Leader
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:45 - 15:00 EDT [PLENARY]
Brian Thomason and Juan Negron
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
15:00 - 16:00 EDT
Every cloud has an Aubergine lining... Cloud computing is becoming increasingly pervasive and important in the world today. Cloud computing is used in datacenters all over for resource utilization, hosting, storage, providing media content, on-demand computing power and many other applications. Competition is growing at a rapid pace in this new infrastructure race with public cloud space available from Google, Amazon, Canonical, Apple and others. For this and other reasons, we need to be sure that Ubuntu functions well in the cloud as both a host and guest OS. From a hardware certification point of view, we need to ensure that Ubuntu can function properly as a Virtual Machine on popular virtualization products: VMWare, XenServer and KVM. This means that we need to come up with a plan for extending infrastructure, tools and processes to allow for dedicated host machines for each of the respective virtualization products. However, we also need to keep this framed within the boundaries of Hardware Certification testing, not Software QA testing which is currently handled very well by the Ubuntu Server team and the Platform QA Team. To get this done, several things need to occur. First, we need to beef up the server testing, this means adding new tests to the server test suite if necessary. Infrastructure needs to be improved to provide the means to do multi-network device testing. This will most likely mean some significant expense in purchasing hardware and will also rely on assistance from IS in getting that infrastructure in place where applicable. Additionally, possible test development time and debugging time. We need dedicated hardware to serve as XenServer hosts (VMWare already exists, but we may wish to update to a newer version). We need automated means for doing SRU testing on VMs and the means to certify Ubuntu as a Virtual Machine on both VMWare (mostly existing already) and XenServer. Finally, we should start also testing KVM. This could mean a third dedicated server to run the current LTS and host KVM vms for cert purposes.

Participants:
attending bladernr (Jeff Lane)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
With GNOME moving to using more and more systemd and PackageKit in different places, instead of having to patch all the apps using them to use our services, it would be great to implement those in our stack (aptdaemon and ubuntu-system-service). Work has been started to implement PK system bus interface in aptdaemon, so part of this is in progress already. Also, systemd interfaces needed so far are just a couple easy ones AFAIR, so shouldn't be hard at all.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending mordred (Monty Taylor)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending pancro (Ezio de Mauro)
attending psusi (Phillip Susi)
attending ricotz (Rico Tzschichholz)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Move EC2 mirrors to S3 ( Server and Cloud )
Instead of using hosts to front the EC2 mirrors, we should move our mirrors to being hosted on S3. There are numerous advantages to doing so -- most notably speed, lower costs, lower maintenance costs, access policies, etc. Using S3 also realizes some cost-savings for Canonical since all intra-zone transfers are free. Summary: 1. New mirrors would be setup in each region 2. Scripts would need to be updated to use regional mirrors 3. DNS names would need to be updated

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending lamont (LaMont Jones)
attending mordred (Monty Taylor)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)
attending utlemming (Ben Howard)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro ST-Ericsson

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VI Go to Blueprint
Linaro & Sky Meeting

Participants:
attending abdul-mohammed-p (Abdul Mohamed)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VII Go to Blueprint
Linaro & Bosch/ADIT meeting

Participants:
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending joe-bates (Joe Bates)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VIII Go to Blueprint
We are seeing more and more people integrating on their laptop Unity and their preferred applications: - drag and drop support - custom quicklists - crazy integration patches It's proably time to get the most interesting one into the distro. Some effort were started to https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-default-apps-unity-integration, but due to lack of time, not anything was integrated in time. It's time to review the list and to push those forwards. If you have any idea on how to integrate better your preferred application with Unity, do not hesitate to suggest there! What is possible with current launcher is described in the Unity API page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/LauncherAPI

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending dyams (Lohith D Shivamurthy)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jaytaoko (Jay Taoko)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending nataliabidart (Natalia Natalia)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending sense (Sense Egbert Hofstede)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending thomas-voss (Thomas Voß)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Goals for the Ubuntu Women UDS-P cycle Add your ideas here for consideration in this formal blueprint: http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/Roadmap-P

Participants:
attending akgraner (Amber Graner)
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending jledbetter (Jessica Ledbetter)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending maco.m (Mackenzie Morgan)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending silvia-bindelli (Silvia Bindelli)
attending susan-spencer (Susan Spencer)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Libreoffice online has been demoed by Michael Meeks at the Libreoffice conference 2011 in Paris. Lets discuss what this technology could mean for Ubuntu.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bjoern-michaelsen (Björn Michaelsen)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Enable jack detection features in the "Sound Settings" page of GNOME Volume Control, and redesign the UI to be more user friendly (present "Port"/"Connector" as primary object, merge hardware tab into Input/Output tabs).

Participants:
attending ayan (Ayan George)
attending cjcurran (Conor Curran)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This meeting is to brainstorm on the current release process used Oneiric, what worked and what didn't, and ways they can be improved for Precise.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending marc-descharles (Aquilon)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Translations roundtable discussion where to fit all other topics not covered in dedicated sessions

Participants:
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending kelemeng (Gabor Kelemen)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Ubuntu currently has a good first step implementation of CloudFoundry via Ubuntu Server and Juju that is stable and scalable. In this blueprint, we should discuss next steps as well as how to integrate CloudFoundry's current roadmap, features, best practices and experiences with Ubuntu Server and our Juju charms. Things to discuss: - build Cloudfoundry from source - use packages where possible. - ways of expanding our current charms - next step ideas.

Participants:
attending brian-thomason (Brian Thomason)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Informational Sessions

Tracks:
  • Community
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed)
The design team is planning to run design "theater" sessions at UDS. As a general rule, the design works on Canonical projects. It is our opportunity and pleasure during UDS to dedicate some time to help with other free open source software. What is Design Theater? During these sessions, we explore a design issue that you submit to us and take it through our design process. Why should you come? We hope to take you through the design process with real life examples, so we can share our design thinking and problem solving with you and propose any solution you might like. How can you participate? You have a choice: As an observer: come an look over our shoulders as we discuss applications design issues and join in the discussion. As a participant: bring us your free software application for which you need design guidance or user experience input. We'll try to fix it for you and show you how to approach this particular problem the design way. If you are thinking of joining us as a participant, please, send us your design question in advance, if you can, so we can get the ball rolling. Send it to: charline.poirier@canonical .com Who will be there from the Design team? At each session, you will find a user researcher, a brand designer, a user experience specialist, an interaction designer and a visual designer, Come find about our process and challenge us!

Participants:
attending duanedesign (Duane d)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)

Tracks:
  • Design
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Monday 1 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Groups

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed)
Not Attending Kernel & Pwr Mgt WG Engineering Monday 1 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Management Working Groups For details of this session, see Power Mgmt Working Group: https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Doc/Orlando Kernel Working Group:

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Monday 1 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Android and Ubuntu Working Groups

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending noritsuna-oesf (Noritsuna Imamura)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
16:15 - 17:00 EDT
Session for discussing progress on QA CoP topics and interests

Participants:
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending pgraner (Pete Graner)
attending sylvain-pineau (Sylvain Pineau)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Review of the current Ubuntu Kernel delta. This session will look at the current delta comprised of both patches to the core and the ubuntu specific drivers. The aim is to record what we are carrying, review the reasons for that component(s) to be carried, and recommend replacements, updates, cleanups, upstreaming etc of those components.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending jk-ozlabs (Jeremy Kerr)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending kees (Kees Cook)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
For Oneiric we went the easy route of adding a way to run external applications for the stuff we wanted in the control center. But this looks quite bad (some panels are embedded, others run a separate application), so for P I'd like us to do a cleanup and avoid as much as possible having external windows. So, here's a list of what we have: * jockey: this could perfectly fit in the System Info panel * language-selector: we just need ability to install languages and input method support in the region panel to completely remove this * software sources: also maybe as part of the System Info panel, which does updates? the tricky one is Ubuntu One, so I guess we'd have to leave it as it is, or write a panel that just embeds the u1-panel window?

Participants:
attending andreasn (Andreas Nilsson)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending davidpbritton (David Britton)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kamus (Kamus)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending nataliabidart (Natalia Natalia)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro management meeting

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending joe-bates (Joe Bates)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VII Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Xen Next Steps ( Server and Cloud )
In oneiric we updated Xen to a more recent version. In precise we need to do further work including testing to make Ubuntu a solid Host for Xen.

Participants:
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending stefan-bader-canonical (Stefan Bader)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This will detail the plan for the Council for loco teams, approval, any new guidance pages to be written, goals to help get locoteams more involved in the community

Participants:
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
* What can we expect from upstream this cycle? * Can we automate packaging more? * Worth using UDD branches? * Revise Ninja processes to be more efficient with macro upstream packages * Point releases as stable release updates?

Participants:
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Monday 2 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Groups

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The session is driven by Linaro Release Team. The following topics will be discussed: * current release process - what's the current process? * release internals - how the release works? * the road to continuous integration - how the CI is going to transform the release?

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Monday 2 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups For details of this session, see Power Mgmt Working Group: https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Doc/Orlando Kernel Working Group:

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Monday 2 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
17:05 - 18:00 EDT
Need to ensure that 100% of the "Desktop" is translated into Chinese/Simplified for the LTS release

Participants:
attending anthonywong (Anthony Wong)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kelemeng (Gabor Kelemen)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending raywang (Ray Wang)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The usual. :)

Participants:
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending donkult (David Kalnischkies)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending piotr (Piotr Ożarowski)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending riku-voipio (Riku Voipio)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)
attending zack-debian (Stefano Zacchiroli)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
It would be nice to improve the authentication mechanisms in Ubuntu to be more user friendly and make it easier to enable modern authentication schemes. This will probably involve: - Reviewing the messages/prompts in PAM for appropriateness - Adding hints to PAM to allow GUIs to better display the prompts (i.e. if a prompt is for a password, key number, if prompting for a password change). - Improving the Unity Greeter prompts to interpret the hints - Improving PolicyKit to interpret the hints - Making it easier to enable non-password authentication (e.g. LDAP, two factor).

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bregma (Stephen M. Webb)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending etienne-goyer-outlands (Etienne Goyer)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nataliabidart (Natalia Natalia)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
George, David and Kiko make a roadmap

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII Go to Blueprint
Harvest hasn't seen much development recently, but we still need a good place to summarise all the needed work in the distribution. Problems both in representation and data should be discussed.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
To more efficiently summarize and get an overview of the release, its important for tools to know which team to associate a specific package with for reporting, triage, etc. Ad hoc spreadsheets are being used at the moment, but it would be better if we had an open and flexible way to associate this property with the project in launchpad.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending ameetp (Ameet Paranjape)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jplans (Jose Plans)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lifeless (Robert Collins)
attending matthew.revell (Matthew Revell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending pancro (Ezio de Mauro)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Mike Sweet intends to remove the filters which are not used by Mac OS X from the CUPS upstream package: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3930 We have agreed on this on the last OpenPrinting Summit and the filters will be continued and hosted by OpenPrinting. In addition, the filters for the PDF printing workflow will not be adopted by CUPS but joined with the CUPS filters we overtake. All Linux distributions would have to include this new CUPS filters package then to get CUPS continuing to work and have the same feature set as before. Due to the fact that this package will use the PDF workflow by default and that all major desktop applications send their print jobs already in PDF, this will complete the implementation of PDF as standard print job format in all distros (if they do not patch against the PDF workflow). See also my updated web page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/pdfasstandardprintjobformat This will also clean our heavily patched CUPS package somewhat. We need a name for this new upstream package. Should we call it simply "cups-filters"? Or "op-cups-filters"? Or do we rename Foomatic to openprinting and have the packages - openprinting-db - openprinting-db-nonfree - openprinting-db-engine - openprinting-rip - openprinting-cups-filters Note that we keep foomatic-rip/openprinting-rip separate from the CUPS filters as this filter is a universal filter which also works with many other printing systems. Another decision to make is whether we really should maintain all the filters which get over to us from CUPS or whether we should discontinue some. The filter set will contain "imageto..." and "textto..." filters which are not made use of by the usual desktop applications, they send all PDF (and some send PostScript). Alternatively, these filters could be made optional. Usually these are decisions to be made by upstream, in this case OpenPrinting, but in this session I want to have some pre-discussion from the distribution point of view, so that when this new upstream project gets created it will be created with the distro's needs in mind.

Participants:
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending larsu (Lars Uebernickel)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending till-kamppeter (Till Kamppeter)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Informational Session

Tracks:
  • Community
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed)
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Monday 3 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Graphics and Multimedia Working Groups

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Monday 3 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups For details of this session, see Power Mgmt Working Group: https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/PowerManagement/Doc/Orlando Kernel Working Group:

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Monday 3 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
< Monday >