Ubuntu logo

Developer Summit

< Tuesday >

09:00 - 09:55 EDT
Today, testing a package may be slow because of the waiting period that compensate the lack of rigorous test suites to regression-test changes, lack of hardware for QA’ing, we are mainly relying on community for testing, the amount of patches that get rolled can be important,... All of this can lead to a bug with a known fix going unaddressed in Ubuntu for several months. We need to shorten the delay of validation for SRUs and being able to provide adequate resolution on an ETA for a fix being included in Ubuntu. The goal of this session is to discuss and decide how to improve Standard SRU testing (everything but kernel), make it more efficient, increase the coverage of the QRT and build a test harness to run daily.

Participants:
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending erw-ubuntu (erw-ubuntu)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jplans (Jose Plans)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending pgraner (Pete Graner)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There's more work we can do to make Quickly better and keep pace with the platform.

Participants:
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending jamesmr (James Raymond)
attending jderose (Jason Gerard DeRose)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending kiranmurari (Kiran Murari)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed)
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
When preparing milestone releases, we often need to turn around fixes quickly. The pipeline from a developer source upload to a full set of updated image builds on all architectures is currently somewhere in the region of nine hours. We would like to make this much quicker.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending julian-edwards (Julian Edwards)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lamont (LaMont Jones)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
currently every ubuntu install requires an initrd, this is caused by the fact that we: a) use UUID for finding the rootfs b) some packages have a requirement to process bits before the rootfs is mounted this spec is supposed to span across multiple releases, we first need make the kernel recognize UUIDs for partitions and second there needs to be something like a database that knows when a package is installed that needs an initrd. This spec is considered implemented if initrds are only generated once a package is installed that require them or the user explicitly choose to use an initrd.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending p-pisati (Paolo Pisati)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending smoser (Scott Moser)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Tuesday roundtable

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Tuesday's security roundtable

Tracks:
  • Security
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed)
How to increase theming consistency and how to properly style widgets and user interfaces

Participants:
attending cimi (Andrea Cimitan)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
which ibus applet to use?

Participants:
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • Other
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed)
This session will discsuss the current issues we're facing with the toolchain CI builds, looking for different solutions and discuss with the TWG how frequent the builds should be to be valid. This will also cover the validation plans for both native and cross Linaro GCC. More info at https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4120/LINUX2011-TOOLCHAIN-CI

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussion of ARM SOC upstream process, what's working, what's not, what needs to be changed. Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19256/linaro-kernel-arm-soc-process/

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending girish-shivananjappa (Girish K S)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending skannan-p (Saravana Kannan)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)
attending vederekiran (Kiran Vedere)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss development of HW enablement tests and how we get them into Lava. Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19261/linaro-kernel-platform-testing/

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dsaxena-linaro (Deepak Saxena)
attending espersson (Thomas Espersson)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending ishikawa-jun-07 (Jun Ishikawa)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending tixy (Tixy (Jon Medhurst))
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Linaro Server Summit ( Linaro Summits )
This Summit brings together the different players with the aim of helping ensure that Linux based ARM servers can be brought to market as soon as the hardware is available.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending glikely (Grant Likely)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending riku-voipio (Riku Voipio)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending russ-lindsay (Russ Lindsay)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
10:00 - 10:45 EDT
Not Attending Linaro Server Summit ( Linaro Summits )
This Summit brings together the different players with the aim of helping ensure that Linux based ARM servers can be brought to market as soon as the hardware is available.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending glikely (Grant Likely)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending riku-voipio (Riku Voipio)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending russ-lindsay (Russ Lindsay)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Meet with the Ubuntu desktop designers, hear what they love about Ubuntu, what they'd like to do better, and what they dream about.

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending andreagrandi (Andrea Grandi)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bwinton (Blake Winton)
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dobey (Rodney Dawes)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending randall (Randall Ross (rrnwexec))
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending sense (Sense Egbert Hofstede)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Builds: start tracking the quality of the builds, define what a broken build is and track how long it takes to engineering teams to fix the problems they introduce that impact testing. By doing this, the aim is to raise awareness of impact of untested submissions and to be able to determine how many times we are held by bad submissions. Add a dashboard to have a consolidated view of unit testing status. Collect initiatives from different engineering teams and either add it to Jenkins or consolidate it to make them easy to read and triage in case of failures.

Participants:
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We would like to look into the possibility of asking people running -proposed to run a set of tests for each new SRU that will submit the results to launchpad. We would be doing most of the work, but I am not sure if the work required in the update manager is in your team or foundations

Participants:
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Linaro STE meeting

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VIII Go to Blueprint
The Ubuntu Engineering team in Canonical is committing a rotation of developers to work solely on development release maintenance for a month or two at a time, with the goal of keeping the development release buildable, installable, and upgradeable at all times in order to allow other developers to work with fewer interruptions. What should our priorities be? How should we organise ourselves? Given the alignment between this and e.g. the historical activities of MOTU, how can we build community participation or link into existing activities?

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss and implement in Ubuntu a framework for generating dkms packages from a driver source tarball. The framework makes it easier to create an maintain dkms packages by automating many of the mechanical tasks currently required by dkms.

Participants:
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending david.chen (David Chen)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending peter-petrakis (Peter Petrakis)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending LXC development for Precise ( Server and Cloud )
Several items should be worked on during this cycle:    provide a default bridge and lxc.conf    proper reboot    containerized syslog    userns vfs    apparmor support    ARM support    tests in qa-regression-tests    allow mknod in the container by default (and potential udev problems) Update mountall to not require our current /lib/init/fstab hack Community requests?

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending daniel-lezcano (Daniel Lezcano)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending lifeless (Robert Collins)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending mcasadevall (Michael Casadevall)
attending mjeanson (Michael Jeanson)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
* Nepomuk by default? * KMail2/Akonadi * Akonadi off by default (calendar integration)? * QT_ACCESSIBILITY * LightDM?

Participants:
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending frederik-gladhorn (Frederik Gladhorn)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We want to discuss the plans to start growing an Ubuntu app developer community

Participants:
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending bregma (Stephen M. Webb)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending johnoxton (John Oxton)
attending jpugh (John Pugh)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Supporting large scale testing of kernel trees and defconfig in the LAVA lab is a high priority engineering effort across all Linaro engineering and Landing Teams for Q4.10. This organization wide effort imposes a growing list of requirements that LAVA team has started to work on during Q3 and will focus on driving forward during the Q4.2011. This effort involves improvements to the lava dashboard to ensure that the build and test results data can be efficiently consumed by kernel engineers improvements to the lava dashboard to make it easy to follow every step of a submitted job from the scheduler to the job submissions step. increase of capacity for all LEB board types deployed in the lava-lab to a level suitable to continuously track 20+ kernel branches with multiple defconfigs each. improvements to lava job submissions tools that make it easy for services like the kernel CI service to hook link from their build page to the scheduler job and the results. The goal of this session is to discuss user stories around LAVA components for driving continuous integration testing and results tracking through LAVA. Session Notes: Currently the kernel is cross built in ec2 by jenkins -- build results are submitted to the dashboard and if successful a test is run in LAVA. http://validation.linaro.org/lava-server/kernel-ci-views/index attempts to convey a summary of the results. Current process of getting your own tree is manual - talk to Deepti to get your tree included. Wishlist: Want to able to use the set up topic trees for temporary testing. Maybe need to make it easier for KWG devs to set up trees for themselves We might want to use per-user configs so that users can select the trees/configs they care about Per-user reports and a web form so they can submit git tree, branch and config for a one-time or regular testing of their tree per-tree specification of tests to run Determine which tests to run with the new kernel: ACTION: mwhudson to submit mp to change this ltp hw enablement tests PM functional tests Store the kernel version (uname) so that we can cross-reference this Build results notification (by email, RSS feed) Can just do this in Jenkins for now Want to do this in LAVA RSS ok for now Weekly build-status digest email for the community? Deepak to do this manually for now John's builds don't appear on the tree view Waterfall view perhaps not appropriate for one-time builds Should use tags for grouping results (now that tags exists) deepti to change jenkins jobs to use tags Add tagging support to dispatcher so the results get tagged similarly View for test/build combination Easy way to see last successful build for a test/build Waterfall-ish view of test suite vs test/build history Also improve bundle view Anti-wishlist: Builds of out of tree configs Basically, developer should commit the Kconfig changes to the tree ACTION: start tagging build and test results (with LAVA tags) Figure out how our read-only tags look like (since tags cannot be changed afterwards). Mouse-over git-describe: show the shortlog

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending ubuntubmw (Bernhard M. Wiedemann)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)

Tracks:
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Device Tree for Android ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
In this session we will talk about device tree on Android. Description ------------------ Linaro has a goal of creating a single runtime image that can run across SoC hardware. The Android team is supporting this effort by using a common Linaro Android tree as a base for all our trees and working to unify all the SoC trees into one. Once unification is done, device tree will allow us to re-factor basic support that was once compile time configurable into runtime configurable options. Having this support on Android early will help us towards this goal and ensure that our kernels can boot as device tree becomes more widespread. Linaro Kernel WG and OCTO have worked on getting Device Tree support accepted into the mainline kernel, and initial support for all recent member SoCs is available. Ubuntu images are already using Device Tree; the next logical step is to make Device Tree be used by default in Linaro's Android LEBs. This feature requires improvements to the Linaro Android builds to enable production of binary flattened device trees as part of the platform build. Also required is updating installation tools and u-boot to ensure that the FDT is used during the boot process as needed. Additional fixes in Android-specific kernel and driver code may be required. Acceptance Criteria ------------------------------- 1. LEB Android builds come with u-boot and kernel that have device tree support enabled 2. LEB Android builds include appropriate flattened device tree in the 'boot' artifact 3. Installing LEB images using linaro-android-media-create will yield an image with device tree being used by u-boot and kernel See https://linaro.papyrs.com/page/4112/ANDROID2011-FDT-LEB for the original description. Agenda ------------ TBD Goal of this Session ----------------------------- To brainstorm and generate concrete work items for landing device tree in all LEBs.

Participants:
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Planning for upstream merges of OpenGL ES 2.0 support for the compiz window manager, the Unity plugin to compiz and the nux library upon which Unity depends. Additional consideration will also be given to any issues specific to integration of these features into the "P" release.

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending andyrock (Andrea Azzarone)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending davidm (David Mandala)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending jaytaoko (Jay Taoko)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending njpatel (Neil J. Patel)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sarvatt (Robert Hooker)
attending smspillaz (Sam "SmSpillaz" Spilsbury)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
11:00 - 11:55 EDT
Linaro STE meeting

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VIII Go to Blueprint
Review of the kernel configuration for P. This will concentrate on confirming the policy for various option types, as well as new options. For major new options, discussion and confirmation of the selection of each.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss improvement for users experience, what can be done (default applications, patches, ideas ...) Initial draft of work items is available on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Developers/P-Plan#Spec_User_experience

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Pushing Ubuntu to the Cloud ( Server and Cloud )
With the proliferation of new clouds vendors, there is substantial risk of inconsistent user experience on different clouds. Trusting vendors to pull images may not be a reliable assumption. For example, vendors may not see the value in publishing a new release day, refreshed cloud images, and/or a standard user experience assumes that cloud vendors will pull the images. I propose that owing and controlling the publishing of the cloud images provides substantial value to both customers and partners. Leaving vendors or the community to handle populating images on the "greater Cloud" could result in Amazon being the gold standard for the customer experience, with lesser, incomplete or missing experiences on other cloud vendors. If we choose to maintain official ownership over our images on major vendors, we either need to build a publishing systems, provide pull scripts that our partners will run, provide a public glance server or some combination. This meeting it to discuss the strategy and come up with a basic plan of action.

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending utlemming (Ben Howard)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
= Problem Statement = At present, there are 101 SystemV services in the Precise main archive that have not yet been converted to Upstart jobs(*). This needs to be recified. = Important services that need conversion = This is a selected list, but the following are important services that we could start with: - rabbitmq - open-iscsi - bind9 - apache - postfix - puppet - postgresql - tomcat6 - memcached = Rationale for Change = - Upstart is our init system of choice (SystemV is considered legacy). - Although Upstart does handle SystemV jobs, undesirable behaviour can and does result when there exist relationships between SystemV and Upstart jobs. - Upstart jobs are easier to maintain than SystemV jobs. - Upstart jobs are simpler than SystemV jobs. - Upstart jobs place the burden of managing certain repeated tasks on Upstart, rather than requiring each SystemV service to re-invent the wheel (often badly). - We wish to segregate SystemV jobs from Upstart jobs to optimize system shutdown. - See http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/#critique-of-the-system-v-init-system - To allow Upstart to be fully integrated into Debian, SysV services scripts *and* Upstart job files need to exist for a package. = Proposal = - Muster Community interest in an effort to port the remaining SystemV jobs to Upstart: It's a great way to learn Upstart! - Consider having an online sprint to concentrate on this activity for a few days(?) - Identify individuals who can help out when questions arise (jamesodhunt, spamaps, vorlon, etc?) - Leverage the work done in Fedora to migrate away from SystemV. - Concentrate on the most popular services first. - Review all Upstart jobs. - Thorough testing required. = Questions = - Aside from time, what is slowing down the conversion activity?:   - lack of examples? (We can blog and provide wiki examples)   - lack of familiarity with upstart job syntax? (We can hold education sessions)   - lack of ability to test the Upstart job versus the SysV service? (QA may be able to help here?)   - concerns over migration to "alternative init systems"? (there are no plans to switch)   - other? = See Also = https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-o-upstart-convert-main-initd-to-jobs (*) - this number has fallen from the 122 SysV services in natty, so the number is falling slowly :)

Participants:
attending hloeung (Haw Loeung)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mjeanson (Michael Jeanson)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
In ubuntu ARM mostly developer boards are supported. Target of this programme is to: a) involve more community across the board in the ubuntu arm world b) have the community select a device for adoption in the next cycle c) help the community with the implementation for this device (image building etc) d) have the community take over the maintenance of the resulting image

Participants:
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Ask Ubuntu is an up-and-coming source of for Q&A in the Ubuntu Community - lets figure out how to integrate it into the community at large!

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending marcoceppi (Marco Ceppi)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We'll be presenting new features planned for 12.04 and hopefully we will be looking for support to implement the scrollbars on different toolkits.

Participants:
attending cimi (Andrea Cimitan)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
It'd be worth to discuss the list of open issues of our developer documentation and review the results of the recent survey.

Participants:
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
How can we leverage and easier Unity testing from the community? How make them reporting high quality bugs? How can we make the barrier lower to contribute?

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Android QA ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
In this session we will talk about the Linaro Android QA process. Description ------------------ The Android QA process tests high-level functionality, characterizes failures and files bugs against likely subsystems. The current set of tests are listed here: ADB ADB over USB ADB over Ethernet All ADB commands Boot and Basics u-boot serial support android console output over serial android console shell over serial android boots to console shell android boots to UI Audio HDMI audio Audio output on jacks Audio input on jacks Video Out - HDMI All resolutions work Monitor recognized Best resolution automatically chosen Monitor hot-plug Video Out - DVI All resolutions work Monitor recognized Best resolution automatically chosen Monitor hot-plug Graphics Not-Accellerated Accellerated 2D Accellerated 3D Ethernet Ethernet configurable from command line Ethernet auto-configured at boot Ethernet integrated into Android connection manager Wireless Onboard wireless configurable from the command line Onboard wireless auto-configured at boot Onboard wireless integrated into Android connection manager Bluetooth Bluetooth available from command line Bluetooth integrated into Android Bluetooth framework Scanning devices in UI works Pairing with headset in UI works Modem USB modem works for the command line USB modem works with the connection manager SD SD-card mounted through fstab SD-card can be accessed through gallery Camera Capture works Save works Gallery display Video Playback Software Playback Hardware accellerated playback Playback all supported formats Powermanagement Suspend and resume Wakelock works clock tree in debugfs P-states (cpufreq driver) C-states (cpuidle driver) powertop App Support Can install apps Browser Calculator Calendar Camera Clock Contacts Email Gallery Messaging Phone USB Host USB Keyboard USB Mouse USB Device Gadget driver loaded Mass storage function (sdcard export) Ethernet function (tethering) Agenda ------------ 1. Introduce the current QA process 2. Brainstorm Goal of this Session ----------------------------- To share the current QA practice and get input on how to make it better.

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending noritsuna-oesf (Noritsuna Imamura)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Tests of client/server and distributed systems via LAVA requires the ability to launch and coordinate actions on multiple target machines. We should discuss the ways people would like to use this, how to specify something like this sensibly in the test jobs, and the interaction with other LAVA components such as the dispatcher. Session Notes: use cases * client/server functionality * performance - nuttcp over network topologies * stress - use client systems to generate load on a server - requires feedback from both sides Testing systems that have shared resources like a san Changes proposed for lava * Target specification (for more than one target) * result reporting separated by target * inter-client concurrency, synchronization, client actions, data sharing and config defines client groups with a name for the group, and specific targets specified * what if want a number of devices of a certain type rather than individual clients? * scheduler would need to somehow make sure *all* systems in a client group for a job are available before running ^^^ Or, alternatively, provide a way to request and script jobs for classes/types of machines rather than specific machines * make actions something that can be installed from out-of-tree source * extend results to allow hw/sw context for additional machines? * Which existing actions, such as deploy, would need to be modified to work on groups of machines? Steps to implementing this: Defining multiple targets * specified or by type * scheduler allocation Dispatcher handling of multi client/context * does this work with new client/connection split in trunk * synchronization action Test actions * pluggable actions * defining generic ones? * API for defining test results? Results aggregation * would see all the results pre-submit, and be able to modify or add to them

Participants:
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending ubuntubmw (Bernhard M. Wiedemann)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Howto

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending skannan-p (Saravana Kannan)
attending steve-bannister (Steve Bannister)
attending vederekiran (Kiran Vedere)

Tracks:
  • Power Management
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Linaro Server Summit ( Linaro Summits )
This Summit brings together the different players with the aim of helping ensure that Linux based ARM servers can be brought to market as soon as the hardware is available.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending glikely (Grant Likely)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending russ-lindsay (Russ Lindsay)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
12:00 - 13:00 EDT
Linaro STE meeting

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VIII Go to Blueprint
Grow this site

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending robbiew (Robbie Williamson)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
SRU testing is about validating that package updates don't introduce problems on stable releases. The testing includes regression testing performed by the QA team, security testing by the Security team, certification testing by the Certification team and verification by the Kernel team. There is also some testing performed by the Ubuntu community coordinated by the QA team, but this is mostly achieved on a best effort basis. The purpose of this blueprint is to increase community participation and include their successful testing rather than just bug reports. The current process for getting community participation is by commenting on the bugs fixed by the SRU when the package is building for the proposed archive. The comment describes how to enable this archive where the package will be ready in a few hours and then asks the subscribers to please test with feedback. Another process specific for kernel packages is for development releases to be announced on voices.canonical.com and proposed kernels may also be announced eventually. As can be seen from the pending SRU reports, this has not resulted in much participation and the responsibility then falls upon the QA team. The first objective is to increase community participation for proposed kernels. The most significant value is to increase the probability that verification testing is performed by someone in the community within a reasonable delay. As a side effect, another value is to relieve the QA team from some testing which can otherwise result in additional delays. The SRU release team would benefit from having more people testing with minimal delays to push a new kernel from proposed to updates. The second objective is to include successful testing from the community rather than just bug reports. This will enable the SRU release team to also consider the number of people having tested the proposed kernels in addition to their existing reports. This should result in greater confidence before pushing a new kernel from proposed to updates. This is the story to achieve both these objectives: 1. A kernel is added to the proposed archive, so the user is notified that a new kernel is available; 2. The user opens Update Manager where she is informed that the kernel can be tested after rebooting; 3. After booting for the first time with a proposed kernel, Checkbox prompts the user to run the SRU suite; 4. If a test fails, Apport is invoked and tags the bug with "regression-proposed" for the current reports; 5. After testing, all test results are submitted to Launchpad where additional reports can be generated.

Participants:
attending bladernr (Jeff Lane)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending ctf (Tim Chen)
attending erw-ubuntu (erw-ubuntu)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We should start creating Ubuntu API specification and documentation. At the moment if someone wants to write an application for Ubuntu, he has to search the web to know how to do common things. For example: how do I empty the Trash? How do I add my application to the notify area? How do I create a Control Panel window setting? More information on the wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopmentAPI

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending andreagrandi (Andrea Grandi)
attending andyrock (Andrea Azzarone)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending ted (Ted Gould)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Printing out of desktop applications is done/managed by very many different dialogs, mostly depending on which GUI toolkit is used for an application. Some applications like OpenOffice.org have even their own dialogs. This is confusing the users a lot, having them to do the printing operation in many different ways. In addition, many dialogs are missing important features. Finally we got the project of implementing the Common Print Dialog funded and so it will be turned reality in Ubuntu Precise. See also: https://launchpad.net/common-print-dialog-gtk https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommonPrintingDialog http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/commonprintingdialog

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bjoern-michaelsen (Björn Michaelsen)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending larsu (Lars Uebernickel)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending till-kamppeter (Till Kamppeter)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
NDA discussion between Linaro and ARM

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending joe-bates (Joe Bates)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VI Go to Blueprint
We have many reports that help us keep track of automatically-detectable problems in the development release (FTBFS, NBS, component-mismatches, the conflict checker, the transition tracker, etc.). These are all well and good, but they are rather disconnected from each other and in many cases do not provide very good facilities for distributing work among developers. If we want to drive these reports consistently to zero, some time spent on infrastructure would be worthwhile. What can we do to improve matters?

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Ubuntu Server ISO Testing ( Server and Cloud )
Automated ISO testing runs daily during the current development cycle; we need to re-align to cover more types of install testing including better LVM, RAID and iSCSI root testing and cover new aspects of Ubuntu Server such as Orchestra.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
FreeRDP and Remmina to replace rdesktop, vinagre and tsclient

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marcandre-moreau (marcandre.moreau)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending sverdy (Stéphane Verdy)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We want to build upon the current resources section of the app developer site and develop it to become a point of reference for anyone developing applications for Ubuntu. Some ideas for discussion: - Review of the current IA - Compare how other developer sites structure their resources/reference sections - Feedback on the current content and structure of the current section

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending johnoxton (John Oxton)
attending jpugh (John Pugh)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
 * LTS?  * How to maintain quality * KDE papercuts? * starship troopers - whit?

Participants:
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed)
It's been a year since we switched to Banshee and Totem has landed some major updates in Oneiric. The purpose of this session is to gather feedback from users about their experience with both apps.

Participants:
attending cjcurran (Conor Curran)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending marc-descharles (Aquilon)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The current USN database is a python pickle, which is less than an ideal database format for importing into other projects. This session will discuss what alternative database format the security team could offer.

Participants:
attending dhenrich (Dean Henrichsmeyer)
attending flucifredi (Federico "F2" Lucifredi)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending mars (Māris Fogels)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending milner (Mike Milner)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Security
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Simplifying the image beyond ubuntu core ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Topics: - How to go beyond ubuntu core and linaro nano even more - Bootstrap x multstrap - How to replace the basic core package set

Participants:
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending riku-voipio (Riku Voipio)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss and planify the One Hundred Scopes project : bringing *a lot* of scopes/lenses into USC for Precise.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jassmith (Jason Smith)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending njpatel (Neil J. Patel)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Right now, we're just using a single server, and deploying packages that line up with our monthly releases. As LAVA is quickly growing and becoming more and more important in Linaro, we should explore how to make it more scalable and how we can support a more agile cycle of development, testing, and deployment of lava components. Session Notes: Current performance is "decent" * LMC uses flock to serialize runs - ACTION: investigate doing this on a ramdisk - Offloading this to another machine that is not handling other dispatcher activities would be better - offload jenkins too - main host should just be for interactive things Celery needed to help us spawn workers - maybe can Using the cloud - some worker tasks with low transfer requirements could be used right away if we have anything like that - eventually, deploying web server nodes, database, etc to cloud would be possible, and keeping dispatcher local - use juju for easy deployment Measurements - collectd is running, but not terribly useful - database transactions/min would be useful - google analytics type hit rate counter - ACTION: investigate graphite and statsd - sentry monitoring for django apps - should we run in canonical datacenter for things other than the dispatcher? - deployment might be an issue there - submitting RTs for changes - could we experiment with running some secondary staging server there ACTION: Launchpad has a script that measures how long transactions run for. This should help us avoid making db transactions that take too long Postgres schema migrations are disruptive, distributed postgres might have issues with this many processes have to talk to the database (scheduler, dashboard,..) could they talk through the queue web server performance (responsiveness) database performance System load (with a notification) - investigate using nagios or new relic for this Memory/swap usage uwsgi has a feature to let you know and/or take action if a request takes longer than a given threshold ACTION: Make sure we're making use of this when we do the new deployment ACTION: Does postgres have a slow queries log? Caching * global enablement is not going to work * enable globally for anon users and dropping timeout to a few minutes would be better - measurements first * cache reports at api level * tests are cache aware because they will see the stale data - need to figure out how to turn off by testing * wall clock time is ok to check if this is improving * is there a way to measure cache hit/miss rate? - memcached could probably help measure this Sentry could be used to track lots of different kinds of errors, including deploy failures ACTION: Investigate sentry Zyga: look at getting caching enabled, celery, sentry Michael: statsd/graphite Dave/Paul: other monitoring things

Participants:
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending ubuntubmw (Bernhard M. Wiedemann)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Validation & LAVA
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Live meeting of the Infrastructure Stakeholders.

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss support for UEFI in the arm-linux kernel. Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19258/linaro-kernel-uefi/

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending dsaxena-linaro (Deepak Saxena)
attending girish-shivananjappa (Girish K S)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)
attending vederekiran (Kiran Vedere)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
13:00 - 14:00 EDT
Lunch
14:00 - 14:30 EDT [PLENARY]
Session 1: Distributed QA in the OpenStack Project Session2: Easy Cloud Software Development with OpenStack
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
Linaro — Michael Hope

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:30 - 14:45 EDT [PLENARY]
Steve George
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
freelance - Michael Edwards

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:45 - 15:00 EDT [PLENARY]
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
Not Attending big.LITTLE ( Linaro Summits )
Steve Bannister, ARM

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
15:00 - 16:00 EDT
This session is about turning DNSSec support on out-of-the-box in the bind9 package. One of the issues in doing this is setting up the initial key, which could get changed during the life of the LTS release. How do we deal with key rotation in new installs?

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending lamont (LaMont Jones)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)

Tracks:
  • Security
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Find an appropriate test case management tool and install it, find a way to integrate it with http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/. 1 cycle should be enough to install the tool and get the existing test cases that is worth keeping in there, we can also pilot the usage of it within QA before we move to the community using it.

Participants:
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending sylvain-pineau (Sylvain Pineau)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Synchronising data from machine to machine and onto your own servers or cloud providers like Ubuntu One is a very useful idea. The Ubuntu One team have started work on u1db, a project codename for an easy-to-use database API layer which can work on any platform (Ubuntu, web servers, Windows, smartphone platforms) with the existing native databases (SQLite, MySQL, API layers, everything). Here we'll present the current ideas around u1db and how it will be used.

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending chipaca (John Lenton)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dobey (Rodney Dawes)
attending duanedesign (Duane d)
attending jameinel (John A Meinel)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mattgriffin (Matt Griffin)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Participants:
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Project Unify is a new tool designed to help integrate the Unity design bug workflows with internal and external upstreams and downstreams. If you are interested solving Unity user interface bugs, or just finding out more about how the different teams involved in developing the Unity user interface work together, come to this session.

Participants:
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending michelle-canonical (Michelle Surtees-Myers)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)

Tracks:
  • Design
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Leadership Summit ( Leadership Summit )
Community Leadership Summit

Tracks:
  • Leadership Summit
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed)
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed)
Python plans for 12.04 LTS: Python 3.2 and 2.7 only. We dropped 3.1 in Oneiric and 2.6 in Precise. For 12.04 the goal is at least one desktop application destined for the default installation (i.e. CD images) to be ported to Python 3. Long term (14.04 LTS), we want Python 3.2 only on the CD, with 2.7 still available in main.

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending eric-canonical (Eric Williams)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jderose (Jason Gerard DeRose)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending menesis (Gediminas Paulauskas)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending piotr (Piotr Ożarowski)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The design team is planning to run design "theater" sessions at UDS. As a general rule, the design works on Canonical projects. It is our opportunity and pleasure during UDS to dedicate some time to help with other free open source software. What is Design Theater? During these sessions, we explore a design issue that you submit to us and take it through our design process. Why should you come? We hope to take you through the design process with real life examples, so we can share our design thinking and problem solving with you and propose any solution you might like. How can you participate? You have a choice: As an observer: come an look over our shoulders as we discuss applications design issues and join in the discussion. As a participant: bring us your free software application for which you need design guidance or user experience input. We'll try to fix it for you and show you how to approach this particular problem the design way. If you are thinking of joining us as a participant, please, send us your design question in advance, if you can, so we can get the ball rolling. Send it to: charline.poirier@canonical .com Who will be there from the Design team? At each session, you will find a user researcher, a brand designer, a user experience specialist, an interaction designer and a visual designer, Come find about our process and challenge us!

Participants:
attending bregma (Stephen M. Webb)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bwinton (Blake Winton)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nataliabidart (Natalia Natalia)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending susan-spencer (Susan Spencer)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Design
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
As we enter the second cycle of Ubuntu Server on ARM, we must work towards addition tuning and performance options that make sense on ARM including comparing against the x86 server kernel, and changing any relevant confirmation options.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending ameetp (Ameet Paranjape)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jani (Jani Monoses)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending p-pisati (Paolo Pisati)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending russ-lindsay (Russ Lindsay)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We have a prototype STM driver for the ARM Inc. System Trace Macrocell. This needs to be upstreamed and productised. Most of the initial work is in the kernel. Compatibility with TI's existing toolset is a concern.

Participants:
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending michaelh1 (Michael Hope)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This session is to gather feedback from stakeholders and community members regarding the custom bug listing feature.

Participants:
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending danhg (Dan Harrop-Griffiths)
attending deryck (Deryck Hodge)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending matsubara (Diogo Matsubara)
attending matthew.revell (Matthew Revell)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending sylvain-pineau (Sylvain Pineau)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Other
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Tuesday 1 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Graphics and Multimedia Working Groups

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro now has around 40 sub-domains, all of which are perceived as individual sites by search engines. Only 5 of these are linked to from the linaro.org home page and many will not be getting significant levels of traffic. We need to bring these together into a logical structure to not only help accessibility, but also to boost our ranking in search results. We want to discuss this structure and if there is a reason to keep any of our online services as sub-domains.

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending jencastelino (Jennifer Castelino)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mike-levine (Mike Levine)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Tuesday 1 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending damm (Magnus Damm)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Tuesday 1 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro Roadmap Review - Agenda TBD

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending vpasam (Vijay Pasam)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
16:15 - 17:00 EDT
This spec is to come up with ideas and methods for running automation testing on bare metal hardware (i.e. no VM). While it is geared mainly for armel platforms, there are enough x86 systems on the market that could also benefit from this. Testing should focus on server first, as it should be the easiest to implement across the widest software base.

Participants:
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mordred (Monty Taylor)
attending racb (Robie Basak)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending XCP Kronos support ( Server and Cloud )
Project Kronos is an initiative to port the XenAPI toolstack to Debian and Ubuntu in order to deliver all packages that are needed to run the Xen Cloud Platform (XCP), via Debian and Ubuntu package managers. In a nutshell, all you will need to do get the latest version of Xen, the XenAPI toolstack and other components delivered in XCP is to execute "apt-get install xapi". This blueprint involves the necessary work to ensure Kronos is installable from the Ubuntu Universe archive for 12.04LTS.

Participants:
attending jonathan-ludlam (Jon Ludlam)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mike-mcclurg (Mike McClurg)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Optimizations that could be done during Precise cycle Initial draft of work items is here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Developers/P-Plan#Spec_Clean_house

Participants:
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Having playlists shared between music players and between machines would be a great idea; make a playlist on Banshee on one Ubuntu machine and it also shows up in Rhythmbox, and Banshee on your netbook, and Ubuntu One music streaming. A standard format for playlists should be defined (m3u? pls? Something else?) and details of where those playlists should be stored, how they should be synced, and how music players can automatically read and write them seamlessly.

Participants:
attending cjcurran (Conor Curran)
attending mattgriffin (Matt Griffin)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Leadership Summit ( Leadership Summit )
Community Leadership Summit

Tracks:
  • Leadership Summit
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed)
Not Attending U-Boot-Linaro future planning ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Topics: - Discuss what would be interesting to support at u-boot - Extend PXE support? - USB booting? - Splash/display support? - What might help the Ubuntu server team?

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending jani (Jani Monoses)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
General session to discuss how and when new X.org bits will be integrated into Precise, and requirements from stakeholders. Starting with this LTS, we will be doing official X stack and/or driver backports going forward. We can work out some plans to coordinate this effort. Since this is an LTS, and since we can do post-release upgrades, we will likely want to be very conservative in selecting versions for specific packages. We anticipate spending most of our time during P on multi-monitor support and hybrid graphics (both covered separately), but if you have ideas for additional things to include in the X planning, please come and share your thoughts.

Participants:
attending albertomilone (Alberto Milone)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending ricotz (Rico Tzschichholz)
attending sarvatt (Robert Hooker)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Qt Panel ( Desktop )
Thomas Senyk, Johanness Zellner, and Adam Weinrich from the Nokia Qt team will be at UDS to answer any questions and discuss topics such as the Qt roadmap. Thomas and Johannes come from the Professional Services area and are paricularly knowledgeable on on how Qt is used in embedded space.

Participants:
attending adam-angleofapproach (Adam Weinrich)
attending bfiller (Bill Filler)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending fboucault (Florian Boucault)
attending frederik-gladhorn (Frederik Gladhorn)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nebulon (Johannes Zellner)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending thomas-senyk (Thomas Senyk)
attending uriboni (Ugo Riboni)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending PowerNap's Future ( Server and Cloud )
Discuss the future of PowerNap based on the feedback received on conferences where it was presented lately as well as discuss previous defined features.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Action items to plan a smooth integration of elementary apps with the unity experience

Participants:
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cimi (Andrea Cimitan)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Roundtable to talk about anything software-center releated

Participants:
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)

Tracks:
  • Consumer
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Tuesday 2 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Graphics and Multimedia Working Groups

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss support for EMM4.5 specification Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19259/linaro-kernel-emmc4.5/

Participants:
attending girish-shivananjappa (Girish K S)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending vederekiran (Kiran Vedere)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Tuesday 2 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Tuesday 2 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro Roadmap Review - Agenda TBD

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending vpasam (Vijay Pasam)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
17:05 - 18:00 EDT
Not Attending Leadership Summit ( Leadership Summit )
Community Leadership Summit

Tracks:
  • Leadership Summit
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed)
Linaro Roadmap Review - Agenda TBD

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending vpasam (Vijay Pasam)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The Nokia Qt team would like to showcase how Qt is used in the embedded space. They'll be bringing a board running Qt on Ubuntu Core and talk about various open source and commercial/consumer products using Qt in non-desktop space. They will discuss how Qt roadmap is OpenGLES 2 centric with Qt3D, Qt5 Scenegraph, Shader effect enablement and other efforts. These efforts also have important implications for empowering the desktop.

Participants:
attending adam-angleofapproach (Adam Weinrich)
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending frederik-gladhorn (Frederik Gladhorn)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nebulon (Johannes Zellner)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending thomas-senyk (Thomas Senyk)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Some features were rolled out during Oneiric to make the weekly release meetings more efficient for tracking features and bugs of interest to the release team, but more improvement is needed.     Features via Topics in: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-oneiric/     Bugs of interest to release team in: http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/rls-mgr-o-tracking-bugs.html Would like to discuss elements of what is useful for each team to share, and how the round table can be made more effective for the participants.

Participants:
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending maaarc (Marc Legris)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
During Ubuntu installation or oem-config firstboot, if a network is present then add an additional step in the workflow to either enter Ubuntu One credentials or to sign up for a free account.

Participants:
attending brent-s-fox (Brent Fox)
attending chipaca (John Lenton)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jderose (Jason Gerard DeRose)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending mattgriffin (Matt Griffin)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mtjmcguire (Mike McGuire)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending ralsina (Roberto Alsina)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending flash-kernel refactoring ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
We've had useful discussions about refactoring flash-kernel in the past, but they've not not (yet) come to fruition. Where are we up to, and when can we get things done? Other packages and image builds should be depending on this work, but cannot yet.

Participants:
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
A session to go over the new acceptance criteria in more depth.

Participants:
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending pgraner (Pete Graner)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Tuesday 3 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Graphics and Multimedia Working Groups

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Continue discussion of EMMC 4.5 and UFS

Participants:
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Tuesday 3 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Tuesday 3 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
< Tuesday >