Ubuntu logo

Developer Summit

< Thursday >

09:00 - 09:55 EDT
General discussion session about all topics related to LibreOffice packaging and goals for Precise.

Participants:
attending bjoern-michaelsen (Björn Michaelsen)
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending pgraner (Pete Graner)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Plans for the software center server side improvements

Participants:
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending hloeung (Haw Loeung)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending michael.nelson (Michael Nelson)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)

Tracks:
  • Consumer
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Currently all certification testing of kernel SRUs is performed in the Certification labs on systems connected to the labs 'satellite' servers. This allows systems to be configured to netboot and then be setup to perform SRU testing via preseed commands. This is a very efficient and flexible configuration for the Hardware Certification team to perform its duties and allows well over a hundred systems to be tested in the space of a few days. The major drawback with this method is that because the infrastructure is so complicated (not just software but servers and network equipment are required) it is next to impossible for just anyone to perform SRU testing in the same way that the Hardware Certification team does. There is also the sometimes encountered problem of systems that do not like to PxE boot (an essential part of the current process) thus stopping them from being SRU tested, even by the Hardware Certification team. The solution to these problems and the goal of this blueprint, is to have built automatically a CD image which contains all of the elements necessary to test each SRU for each release. This will obviously include the -proposed packages, but also the tools and settings normally used by the Hardware Certification team to do the testing. Creation of this image will have several benefits, the most obvious ones being that other parties can perform the testing as and when they wish and that systems which cannot PxE boot can be tested instead using the custom image. The other benefit is that the update phase of testing doesn't need to be done for each machine on demand as it is at the moment, but can be done just once when the SRU becomes available. The Offspring (https://launchpad.net/offspring) build system will be investigated for use as the tool to create these images and control access to them.

Participants:
attending bladernr (Jeff Lane)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed)
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VI
Linaro and Renesas meeting

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending joe-bates (Joe Bates)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VII Go to Blueprint
ST-E

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VIII Go to Blueprint
The current install experience for Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure is less than optimal: - lack of discoverability - many steps - lack of clean documentation We need to identify what, when and how to improve this, specifically for Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure and in general for products delivers via orchestra + juju

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending sabdfl (Mark Shuttleworth)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
As actual ARM server hardware begins to enter the marketplace, a standardized way to test and benchmark performance must be developed and run on all active platforms we support for ARM server.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mcasadevall (Michael Casadevall)
attending russ-lindsay (Russ Lindsay)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Thursday

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Thursday's security roundtable

Tracks:
  • Security
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed)
As proposed in http://netsplit.com/2011/09/08/new-ubuntu-release-process/, we should create an unpublished release pocket that stands as the gateway to the regular development branch. From this branch unit tests will be run, code review and sign off will be checked, system integration tests will be run, and if any of these fail, the upload will not be copied to the development branch. We should unpack and run the unit tests for any reverse dependencies of the core libraries during package build in order to prevent breaking said dependencies with a dodgy upload. For example, an upload of GTK+ should trigger the unit tests for ubiquity and software-center to be run.

Participants:
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lamont (LaMont Jones)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
QA Requirements for submitting automated tests into the QA lab - Test outputs - Resources - Jenkins

Participants:
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending pcm689 (Pascal Morin)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Multiarch cross-dependency satisfaction (as currently implented in apt) needs -dev packages as well as plain lib packages to be make multiarch-ready and thus co-installable. This process is not yet well-specified like the library conversions, and it needs to be for package maintainers to be able to do this work. A related issue is changing whether the default of apt-get build-dep -a is to install for HOST or BUILD arch. The latter requires making library and -dev packages Multi-arch: same, the former requires marking all other build-deps Multi-arch: foreign. See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=646288 for discussion, along with the table at the bottom of: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchCross Things to cover: Change apt build-dep -a behaviour? Guidelines for -dev conversion:  header moving  binaries (foo-config)  what else?

Participants:
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We want to provide Monthly Engineering Views on status.linaro.org. Alexander can provide information about this. Initial Requirements for Discussion are here: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Specs/MonthlyViews

Participants:
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Linux Developer Tools for Android ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
In this session we will talk about adding standard Linux developer tools to Android. Description ------------------ To improve the tools available for embedded developers that care about the core platform, kernel and user space code, the Linaro Android Platform team considers it important to provide tools commonly used by low level GNU/Linux developers. We continuously monitor and identify areas where porting and integrating those tools with Android will benefit the overall Android community. Discussion and reviews lead us to believe that focusing on the binary debugging front would be the most useful next step. The first part of this effort will be a research project that reviews debugging tools commonly used by embedded Linux developers, checking for applicability of those use cases to Android. We will also identify equivalent tools or gaps in the offering of the stock AOSP NDK and SDK. Potential candidates taken from pre-discussion that this research project will pay special attention to are: oprofile perf valgrind powerdebug Based on the findings from the effort above, a priority ordered list of tools will be defined and the engineering plan expanded accordingly. Acceptance Criteria ------------------------------- 1. Results of the research project with a significant list of tools for porting are published 2. Debugging tools identified are integrated and available in Linaro Android Images or the NDK See https://linaro.papyrs.com/page/4115/ANDROID2011-DEVTOOLS-1/# for the original description. Agenda ------------ Give a quick overview of what is already there (and what theoretically should be there) Discuss what other tools we need (and what tools are realistic to port) Best way to get there [see rsalveti comment on the BP whiteboard] Goal of this Session ----------------------------- To identify the tools Android needs and brainstorm and generate concrete work items to integrate those tools into Linaro's LEBs.

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
What kinds of things could we add for enabling more tests and better testing? Some ideas are things like: * Jtag * wifi APs * audio connections * USB devices (would something like a usb stick in every board be useful? enough? too much? not enough?) * hdmi capture Session notes: Andy Green said that he doesn't want to commit regressions to public git did casual testing adhoc testing on his own, has tried to formalize when these things worked, which branch was tested, making an html table of these testable things as a text file sounds like a use for lava-qatracker as these are mostly manual tests Are there improvements we could make that would make it possible to automate these things? Tests we would like to be doing: audio capture can do this on the same board even hdmi capture, even video there is a card (black magic design) for roughly US$175 do these capture EDID? can you fake EDID? bootloader testing power management testing Anticipate to have first samples from Dave Anders in December for these devices a crappy ammeter will still be useful for catching regressions varous things involving JTAGs usb gadgets simulate attaching and detaching keyboards and mice? want to test both modes of OTG port on panda, ethernet is a host usb asset, and this is true of many other boards as well, so it's more important to test the musb WIFI AP connect/disconnect/traffic zyga concerned that it might be flakey Andy said that in his experience it's not so bad with wifi/bluetooth Bluetooth? Have something it can pair with and do something bluetooth access point and do obex push may be limited to 7-21 devices or so per AP device that converts serial to keyboard input ~$50 Add back scheduler ability to support tags on devices so that we can describe the capabilities needed Can we provide a framework for allowing others to do some of the work? Can we coordinate with Canonical's HW testing teams? Andy's opinion of priorities here: hdmi - this seems to break frequently audio wifi to a much lesser degree, because his patches don't risk breaking this so much ACTION: Talk to ricardo, deepak about the testsuites they are working on and their sense of priorities also 199$ HDMI + analog + audio capture card with linux support: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/ bootloader testing - implement soft solution now, evaluate HW solutions to see if we can do this universally

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending ceh-e (carlos hernandez)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Validation & LAVA
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Purpose: IVI and ARM - discuss the Ubuntu Core IVI remix release Day - Friday 04 November, 09:00-10:00 Preliminary Agenda - the state of the art around Ubuntu Core IVI remix - how does the remix stand with regards to ARM based platforms, how can the ARM support can be improved further - draft a course of action related to possible future activities - indicate a possible communication plan to discuss IVI further, perhaps even a future event meeting

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
10:00 - 10:45 EDT
We have a weekly development update already, so it can serve as a good piece of news infrastructure. We need to put the project on broader feet and figure out submissions processes, etc. Also are we going to talk about new interesting news bits we might want to include.

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
How will we build the list of desktop bugs that we think we should work on the during the LTS cycle? The current list from Pedro and Qa are a nice but they only cover selected set, how do we get visibility on i.e foundation issues, kernel bugs, plymouth issues, etc that impact on what we are doing?

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending kamus (Kamus)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending lyz (Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There is a good codebase of test cases already automated or suitable for automation in the QA Regression Testing project. With additional specifications created and implemented, the tests could be a valuable automated regression testing tool.

Participants:
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VI
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
We need to identify areas where the Ubuntu documentation is lacking, improve our own documentation of how to get involved, and advertise to recruit contributors to help fill in the missing documentation.

Participants:
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending dbarth (David Barth)
attending jbicha (Jeremy Bicha)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jplans (Jose Plans)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending pancro (Ezio de Mauro)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stadtler (Martin Stadtler)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Just a brain dump of some of the ideas we discussed so far:  - LTS release  - Improve LTSP live  - Re-base installer step on current LTSP live  - Fix package selection to work with all locales  - Add directory integration step  - Refresh artwork  - Switch away from iTalc  - Get Wubi working  - Upgrade website to Drupal 7 - Migrating to dh_python2 for everything on the DVD

Participants:
attending alkisg (Alkis Georgopoulos)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending menesis (Gediminas Paulauskas)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
With 11.10 we released a localized image for China. This image contained many customizations to make Ubuntu more appealing to users in China. This included significantly improving support in CJK languages, adding gwibber plugins for services popular in China etc. There are still some improvements that can be done to cary this work forward for our Chinese community.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending anthonywong (Anthony Wong)
attending bfiller (Bill Filler)
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending keenerchristopher (Christopher Keener)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending pcm689 (Pascal Morin)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending raywang (Ray Wang)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Orchestra Next Steps ( Server and Cloud )
In Ubuntu we made a lot of effort to get Orchestra. The purpose of blueprint will keep track of the work needed to be done in Precise for orchestra.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending dhenrich (Dean Henrichsmeyer)
attending f2 (Federico Lucifredi)
attending fcorrea (Fernando Correa Neto)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Currently, the teams are separate for en_AU Ubuntu packages and Launchpad-hosted packages. Due to the nature of en_AU not differing a lot from en_US, it may be beneficial to merge the two groups to consolidate efforts and membership.

Participants:
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Executive Summary: The main idea is to make discovery of Ubuntu community automatic, and not an accident. Community is meant in the whole and general sense of "anyone who uses or contributes to Ubuntu." Problem Statement: "Houston we have a problem." Most people who have discovered Ubuntu community have done so accidentally. Most people (who are on the other side of the chasm) have no idea that community is central to the growth and development of Ubuntu. Most people have no idea whether others in their town/city are using Ubuntu. We need to make community obvious and make community formation easy. Proposal: One possible solution is to create a "Community Lens" or (similarly obvious desktop element). Make it prominent. Connect it to one's local community, beginning with those who use and enjoy Ubuntu in our town/city. Over time, expand it to include additional nearby non-Ubuntu social connections: family, friends, neighbourhood, city...

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending lyz (Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending randall (Randall Ross)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Currently, installing images on Versatile Express is a weird procedure with many manual steps. This impairs testability and makes life difficult for users. Kernel package upgrading also does not work smoothly. The aim of this session is to explore options for a less weird, more convenient and more robust deployment mechanism. Topics include: * Getting closer to full SD-based boot * Firmware-based image reflashing

Participants:
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending tixy (Tixy (Jon Medhurst))

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Webkit port using cairo-gles backend ( Graphics and Multimedia )
Planning for a Linaro graphics working group project to do a webkit port that leverages prior work on the OpenGL ES 2.0 backend for cairo. Link to requirement: https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4146/GWG2011-WEBKIT-CAIRO-GLES/#

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This will be the second training session on how to use the new Rypple tool for Linaro employees, secondees, and assignees. Everyone in Linaro must attend one of the sessions

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jencastelino (Jennifer Castelino)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending mike-levine (Mike Levine)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)
attending vjanicki (Victoria Janicki)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Training
Grand Sierra F (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Planning session for integrating UCM support into PulseAudio.

Participants:
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending dexter-ji (Dexter Ji)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending haojian-zhuang (Haojian Zhuang)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This session will give an overview of how Linaro's Android platform is developed. It will talk about Gerrit, LAVA, pre-merge, QA, opportunities for development, goals of the platform and give a run down of PoCs.

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chsriram (Sriram Chadalavada)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending espersson (Thomas Espersson)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)

Tracks:
  • Training
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
ARM Fast Models and QEMU can be used to simulate ARM based computers at speeds high enough to perform some builds and testing. The Infrastructure team would like to discuss how we can use models to supplement real ARM hardware.

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • General
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
11:00 - 11:55 EDT
This session is about discussing the current status and issues with eCryptfs, and making a decision what needs to be done in order for it to be an appropriate install-time option in the LTS release.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending edygarcia (Eddie Garcia)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending sconklin (Steve Conklin)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending timg-tpi (Tim Gardner)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Security
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
From Oneiric on we are using GNOME 3.x and from this GNOME version on there is a printer setup tool in the Control Center. This tool is new and has much less features than system-config-printer and especially does not contain all the functionality for selecting best drivers, identifying network printers, HPLIP integration and so on. So dropping system-config-printer in favor of GNOME's new tool will be a major step back. Discussion has already started on the OpenPrinting Summit in April this year (see link below) and on the UDS for Oneiric. Here we will continue discussing the situation. https://www.linuxfoundation.org/sites/main/files/system-config-printer-status.pdf In Oneiric we have continued to use system-config-printer, patching and configuring gnome-control-center and the system menu so that system-config-printer is started in its own window instead of the capplet of the control center, at least for Unity desktops. For Precise we want to use the original GNOME tool but an improved version. For this Tim Waugh, upstream author of system-config-printer has already put all algorithmic parts of system-config-printer (identifying CUPS' printer auto-detection results and finding out which are from the same physical printer, finding best driver, prioritizing drivers, HPLIP integrations, ...) into a D-Bus service which any other printer setup tool, independent of the programming language in which it is written, can use. This way the GNOME tool can be improved to have the needed capabilities to make printer setup easy for everyone. No the printer setup tool needs to be modified to make use of this new D-Bus service. Depending on how far the tool gets developed, we will make it the standard tool in Precise and this way have one standard printer setup tool with perfect integration in the System Settings in both Unity and gnome-shell environments. See also: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?component=Printers https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=654742

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending calumpringle (Calum Pringle)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending larsu (Lars Uebernickel)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending till-kamppeter (Till Kamppeter)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VI
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Linaro and Canonical meeting

Participants:
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending joe-bates (Joe Bates)

Tracks:
  • Business
Boca VIII Go to Blueprint
How are we going to manage community submitted charms? Peer review? etc.

Participants:
attending ameetp (Ameet Paranjape)
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending hloeung (Haw Loeung)
attending jorge (Jorge O. Castro)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending robbiew (Robbie Williamson)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Meeting of release team to do some brainstorming on things to be improved in next cycle.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mcasadevall (Michael Casadevall)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This will detail the plan for the Council for loco teams, approval, any new guidance pages to be written, goals to help get locoteams more involved in the community

Participants:
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Fregl tells us how to make it not crash

Participants:
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending frederik-gladhorn (Frederik Gladhorn)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This session is a demo and requirements review of the new tool Test Manager

Participants:
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending ethan.chang (Ethan Chang)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending ray.chen (Ray Chen)
attending sylvain-pineau (Sylvain Pineau)
attending vtuson (Victor Tuson Palau)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Topics: - Describe what is currently supported at the cross-buildd - Go over the issues, discuss about how to improve it, and what kind of features do we want to improve/develop More info at: https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/CrossBuildd

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Session for getting camera header installed for pandaboard - solder experience required, or maybe a experienced volunteer can do it?

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending SCHED_MC Full Idle support for Android ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Session jointly led remotely by Vincent Guittot and locally arbitrated by Tony Mansson. In this session we will talk about how Android can exploit the benefits of full Idle Support.

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The Linaro Wiki can be both a great source of information and a great source of frustration. We'd like to have a discussion about improving some of the big issues. We have a preliminary set of topics on the etherpad for this session.

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending jencastelino (Jennifer Castelino)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)

Tracks:
  • General
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
12:00 - 13:00 EDT
All the open issues that need to be fixed lo-menubar integration into main.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussions on the likely mainline kernel version and appropriate kernel flavors for P.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
During 12.04 development we will strive to ensure that Ubuntu Desktop works each day so that everyone can reasonably make progress with their development goals, rather than being blocked by poor quality in different areas of the product. The flow as I envision it would go: 1. The ISO is testing in the morning for Europe 2. If the ISO is found to be acceptable, the QA reports such 3. If the ISO is found to be hard to use or test, the QA team reports as such 4. Ubuntu Engineering then investigates which package caused the breakage 5. The package that caused the ISO Is reverted 6. The ISO is rebuilt and step 1 starts again

Participants:
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending pgraner (Pete Graner)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss ways to sync ebook user data (bookmarks, notes, reading position) between ebook readers using Ubuntu One.

Participants:
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Addressing concerns from community members about (lack of) involvement in user experience and design, and concern from designers that they only have time to work on a tiny fraction of the Ubuntu user experience (in the shell). Exploring practical steps we can take, so interests get paired to tasks, and the whole user experience of the distro is improved.

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bwinton (Blake Winton)
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending lyz (Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Plan the enhancements we want in apt for precise

Participants:
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending donkult (David Kalnischkies)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending zack-debian (Stefano Zacchiroli)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The QA CoP would like to see the following data points available for reporting on the default interface for the Lauchpad Results site. Requirements for Test Results Dashboard Testrun: Regressions (previously passed now failed) https://dev.launchpad.net/Testing#Iterating%20with%20testrepository Fixes (previously failed now passed) e.g. http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.3/Core/Auto/Netbook Tag test runs Show test Results by categories/suite if applicable (see http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.3/Core/Sanity/Netbook/3173#detailed_results) Plotting of results (benchmark, performance, trend reporting), based on query parameters Hardware target information (structured, like devices, and unstructured, like log files as attachments) Software versions (packages, distro, bios) TestResult Test case Status (Pass, Fail, Skip, Blocked, Unknown, Untested, Unsupported, Error, Bug) Test case run time (Elapsed(Min), Time Stamp(Milisecond)) Test case output (stdout, stderr, status code, log files) Test case result(s)/data/measurement(s) Add comments/bugs from the interface Offline submission from local file (default protocol with result2launchpad) (DONE) Generation of regression test files (whitelists for checkbox) Advanced search of cases (Elapsed time, recently failed, hardware used, tags)

Participants:
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending ethan.chang (Ethan Chang)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending pcm689 (Pascal Morin)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending rmcbride (Rick McBride)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sylvain-pineau (Sylvain Pineau)
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Juju Roadmap for 12.04 ( Server and Cloud )
Presentation and discussion of the features and fixes the Juju team intends to deliver for the Ubuntu 12.04LTS release

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending hazmat (Kapil Thangavelu)
attending hloeung (Haw Loeung)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)
attending zaid-al-hamami (Zaid Al Hamami)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Topics: - Go over the issues we had during the Oneiric cycle - 1 month x 6 months cycle - Feature planning (present how Linaro plans the engineering work) - How to manage SRU and FFe - Package upload (should we create a Linaro upload group for Linaro packages?)

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending davidm (David Mandala)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jani (Jani Monoses)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending riku-voipio (Riku Voipio)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussion of how we map upstream-oriented kernel development to the Linaro process Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19264/linaro-general-upstream-process/ Problem definition, scenarios and proposals https://docs.google.com/a/linaro.org/document/d/1Inj3Esvk4Lbqe5PN7NHnK1WKRaM_5e9B6htKN6hDBqk/edit?hl=en_US

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending subashp (Subash Patel)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)
attending vjanicki (Victoria Janicki)

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This will be the second training session on how to use the new Rypple tool for Linaro employees, secondees, and assignees. Everyone in Linaro must attend one of the sessions

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending mike-levine (Mike Levine)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending tixy (Tixy (Jon Medhurst))
attending triad (Linus Walleij)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending vjanicki (Victoria Janicki)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Training
Grand Sierra F (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The Toolchain WG currently runs an extensive test suite hosted in Michael Hope's personal laboratory. The LAVA team will work with the TCWG team to ensure this setup is migrated, as-is, into the LAVA lab. We will also work to ensure that all the resulting toolchain build and test data gets properly submitted to LAVA, the dashboard providing the facilities needed to allow the Toolchain WG to analyze this data. It is expected that the reporting facilities in the LAVA dashboard will be driven and partly implemented by the Toolchain WG itself using the available extension mechanisms. == Validation lab next steps == We now have the toolchain build system running on boards hosted by validation. What do we do next, such as:  * Start capturing test results using LAVA  * Start regular benchmarks  * Capture benchmarks results using LAVA  * Shift components to Jenkins or LAVA  * Shift the x86 builds first? Every time we have a merge request, we want to test and make sure there are no regressions - They are doing this today on seabright Many tests will fail, they are interested in the delta, not the total failures This runs a test of every commit to the branch 1 test on v7 1 test on v5 (but they don't have v5 hardware so they test on v7 x86, x64 1. create scripts for the test suites that run right now 2. create results parser that will let us get those into lava dashboard - or at least make sure the existing one works 3. poll launchpad, find the merge request we need to pull, create tarball, create job in lava with that tarball location as a parameter (template for this testing that gets filled in) (This could be part of the extension listed below) - For the merge request, we have multiple templates that kick off tests on the different hardware types needed (v7, v5, x86, x86_64) 4. create lava extension for visualizing results and comparing tests to the baseline (merge request should be able to figure out what was HEAD, and we can compare against that) ACTION: mockup needed for visualization ACTION: investigate using the ssh client to run this test in a chroot, they do the 32bit testing on a 64bit machine in a 32bit personality chroot ACTION: zygmunt to see what we can reuse from tarmac - email notification of jobs startig could be done with tarmac also - there should be 2 comments, when starting and when finishing this part and the job is about to be created - also send link to the scheduler job so they can cancel if they see something wrong Hardware considerations: USB Sticks and scheduler support for tagging those machines Do we need swap enabled on those machines? Benchmarking =========== Needs a customized rootfs that is consistant and stripped down - make sure there are no extraneous services running project for building, keeping attachements of the binaries that we built, etc They can submit a branch for pulling a branch they have, pulling it, and building it The resulting artifact can be used in the benchmarking run IMPORTANT: for private tests, we also need to have private scheduler jobs so that the raw output is not public also B we benchmark on a8, a9, and a15 eventually They can build it and point us at the toolchain, or we can build it as part of the run - if we bould it, it should be built and feed into this Next we want to run the benchmark with build parameters some of their benchmarks need to be private because of licensing - and results need to be kept private

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Validation & LAVA
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Evolution of ARM ABI ( Linaro Summits )
Evolution of ARM ABI

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending m-k-edwards (Michael K. Edwards)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
13:00 - 14:00 EDT
Lunch
14:00 - 14:15 EDT [PLENARY]
Monty Taylor
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
RedHat — Matthew Garrett

Tracks:
  • Power Management
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:15 - 14:30 EDT [PLENARY]
Ara Pulido
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
RedHat — Matthew Garrett

Tracks:
  • Power Management
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:30 - 14:45 EDT [PLENARY]
Jeremy Kerr
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
Not Attending ARM kernel update ( Linaro Summits )
Linaro — Grant Likely

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
14:45 - 15:00 EDT [PLENARY]
Linaro — Deepak Saxena

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra F Go to Blueprint
15:00 - 16:00 EDT
Not Attending LTS upgrades ( Foundations )
Prepare for the lucid -> precise LTS upgrade * testing * backporting apt from oneiric/precise to lucid for multiarch enabled upgrades * dpkg-maintscript-helper not available in lucid, used in preinst scripts: need some archive analysis to catch these issues and make sure they won't impact upgrades

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending donkult (David Kalnischkies)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending pgoodall (Pete Goodall)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Since Unity has been introduced, many strides have been made with accessibility. Unity 3D is approximately 80% accessible, so far as official oneiric packages go, and unity-2d is 99% accessible, thanks to the great work from the QT a11y folks, and the unity-2d developers. Both are likely to be 100% accessible for the LTS, which is great. However, they are not the only areas of accessibility that need improving. I have already started making a work item list of issues to address, to give the desktop more pollish when it comes to accessibility. Such issues include: * Making sure all indicators have accessible descriptions/labels. * Making sure any icons in indicator menus that need accessible descriptions/labels have them, a prime use case is network manager, to indicate wireless network strength. * Further pollish on Ubiquity's accessibility, particularly selecting a timezone. * Connecting up the rest of the accessibility profiles in the ubiquity a11y indicator. * Further pollish of the unity greeter accessibility experience. * Make sure the accessibility experience between unity 2d and 3d is the same. The list I have is slightly more technical and goes into more detail, but what is listed above is the gist of what I have. Whether this needs a session at UDS I don't know, but a blueprint will likely be needed for work items tracking.

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending frederik-gladhorn (Frederik Gladhorn)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending lyz (Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There are a wide and ever growing variety of html5/web-based apps out there already and by that measure a large untapped community of developers we are not talking to. Given the issues around html5 right now, what are the things we can do now to encourage them to participate and what are the things that are stopping us/slowing us down? Why would this be good for Ubuntu anyway? What’s in it for the developers? and why ' the web standards community'?

Participants:
attending bfiller (Bill Filler)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending johnoxton (John Oxton)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending rachelisking (Rachel King)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We need to implement performance testing for ARM server supported workloads. The focus is performance compared to the amount of power consumed.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending hoffman-p (Assaf Hoffman)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mcasadevall (Michael Casadevall)
attending racb (Robie Basak)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending vtuson (Victor Tuson Palau)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Leadership Summit ( Leadership Summit )
Ubuntu Leadership Summit

Tracks:
  • Leadership Summit
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed)
Discuss what works and what doesn't in our processes for new developers

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cody-somerville (Cody A.W. Somerville)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There has been some very interesting ideas on improving the release process brought up by Scott James Remnant in his blog post, http://netsplit.com/2011/09/08/new-ubuntu-release-process/ Some of these we are looking at implementing for Precise (in other blueprints), other points need discussions as future options. This session is targetted to brainstorming what would be the impact of some of the more radical changes we're not going to fit into precise, since it is an LTS. Also what planning/blueprinting work should be done to assess if the process changes will improve the developer and user experience before the next cycle.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
It would be nice to be able to optionally run Wayland in 12.04 to try out the technology. This will involve: - Modifying LightDM to support Wayland - Writing a Wayland compositor - Running an X server that writes to the compositor - Making it easy to enable this - Disclaiming all responsibility This would be a low priority task.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending adam-angleofapproach (Adam Weinrich)
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nebulon (Johannes Zellner)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending ricotz (Rico Tzschichholz)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Unity is regularly tested with targets users. Results of the latest benchmark testing will be presented in this session

Participants:
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)

Tracks:
  • Design
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This session is to clarify what is a test case and what everyone means by saying test case. We will also be discussing what constitutes a good test case.

Participants:
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending ories (Olli Ries)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending ray.chen (Ray Chen)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Libvirt plans for p ( Server and Cloud )
Plans:    * Merge 0.9.8? (Start with 0.9.6 now)    * should removing libvirt-bin shut down its vms and remove bridges?    * netcf    * bash completion Community requests?

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Thursday 1 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Group

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed)
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Thursday 1 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Thursday 1 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro Management Rypple Training

Tracks:
  • Training
Grand Sierra F (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Technical Steering Committee meeting, agenda TBD

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending vpasam (Vijay Pasam)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
16:15 - 17:00 EDT
Provide a flexible way to filter for specific device capabilities like e.g. hardware opengl to avoid people downloading apps that will not run on their system.

Participants:
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Consumer
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Include OpenSC in Ubuntu for smartcard authentication

Participants:
attending ayan (Ayan George)
attending bregma (Stephen M. Webb)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending etienne-goyer-outlands (Etienne Goyer)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Juju is great at adding relationships to workloads but has no idea how to automatically scale based on compute requirements. This meeting would discuss adding intelligence and the different approaches we could use to achieve this functionality.

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending heckj (Joseph Heck)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending ttx (Thierry Carrez)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The process of mentoring new Bug Squad members will be reviewed as will feedback from people being mentored. A redesign of the mentorship program will be discussed.

Participants:
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Leadership Summit ( Leadership Summit )
Community Leadership Summit

Tracks:
  • Leadership Summit
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed)
  * Improvements to Muon?   * Samba install?   * Amarok etc codec install   * Distro Upgrade? 11.10 upgrade notification and 12.04 to 14.04 LTS notification upgrade

Participants:
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Cobbler Next Steps ( Server and Cloud )
Discuss the next steps for cobbler to provide improvements, define level of maintainship, to make sure its continuum with Orchestra.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending dhenrich (Dean Henrichsmeyer)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending gandelman-a (Adam Gandelman)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending therve (Thomas Herve)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There is a huge interest in getting involved in Ubuntu development. We want to better reach out to everybody who is interested. The recent survey data will probably help with the discussion of this.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending aroman (Avi Romanoff)
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending lallenlowe (Allen Lowe)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
For two release cycles, gnome-session has deliberately not done session restoring on login. This is a huge stumbling block for power users, who have to spend a lot of time on each login re-setting up their work environment. This should be solved for 12.04.

Participants:
attending chrisccoulson (Chris Coulson)
attending desrt (Ryan Lortie)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Investigate whether we can work around the problems of not being able to retrace core dumps on the local system and ASLR making generating an accurate retrace without function names difficult. Being able to create a stack trace with just addresses would allow us to submit that small chunk of data to the crash database before sending the full data set. The crash database could then decide if this crash already exists or if it needs the full core dump so that it can create a new crash bucket with that retraced. Google's Breakpad is able to do this through Microsoft's Minidump format. We may be able to mimic this behavior in apport without having to link every application to Breakpad.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending ted (Ted Gould)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussion around Java related objectives for Precise:  - OpenJDK 7 and when to switch the default-jdk in Ubuntu  - General Java housekeeping - Maven 3 progress and transition

Participants:
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mcasadevall (Michael Casadevall)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Thursday 2 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Group

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Feedback on the LT performance

Tracks:
  • General
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed)
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Thursday 2 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Thursday 2 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This session will cover all the aspects of the Ubuntu Linaro Evaluation Build development, showing how we integrate the Linaro components, how we're doing CI, testing with LAVA and also how we're working with Ubuntu upstream. The goal is to help people and other teams on how to work together with the developer team to have their own components available at the Ubuntu LEBs.

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Training
Grand Sierra F (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Linaro Roadmap Review - Agenda TBD

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending vpasam (Vijay Pasam)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
17:05 - 18:00 EDT
Not Attending Leadership Summit ( Leadership Summit )
Community Leadership Summit

Tracks:
  • Leadership Summit
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed)
Linaro Roadmap Review - Agenda TBD

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending gcgrey (George Grey)
attending kiko (Christian Reis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending roger-teague (Roger Teague)
attending vpasam (Vijay Pasam)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This is the per-cycle discussion on what should be improved in the cloud images or in cloud-init.

Participants:
attending dhenrich (Dean Henrichsmeyer)
attending f2 (Federico Lucifredi)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending smoser (Scott Moser)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The Hardware Enablement Team's plans for Firmware Test Suite in the 12.04 cycle.

Participants:
attending alexhung (Alex Hung)
attending ayan (Ayan George)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending ethan.chang (Ethan Chang)
attending jk-ozlabs (Jeremy Kerr)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
- using the vala rewrite for p? - no full text search - datasource to consider? - privacy concerns - gnome-activity-journal in control center.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending mhr3 (Michal Hruby)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
On release day, users are offered to upgrade their computer to the latest release. However, there are a number of ways in which upgrades don't complete successfully. What can we do to make upgrades safer, more reliable and more pleasant? See bug http://pad.lv/876146

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending jbicha (Jeremy Bicha)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Charms need to be tested by an automated test runner on each commit to the charm store. There is a need to test each charm's use of each interface with any charms which implement the other side of the interface.

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending gandelman-a (Adam Gandelman)
attending hazmat (Kapil Thangavelu)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
In the real world there are always going to be failures, triggered by things like software bugs, hardware failures and misconfiguration. Ubuntu should where possible handle common failures and provide predictable feedback to the user that the system is broken.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Launchpad can currently target bugs either at the distro (or sourcepackage) without any series associated, or associate it to a particular release. This model has several drawbacks as it causes confusion (bug 314432) as well as performance problems. The Launchpad team is investigating the possibility of associating all bugs with a series. This session is to discuss the user impact of such a change, and make sure it's compatible with the distribution workflows.

Participants:
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lifeless (Robert Collins)
attending matthew.revell (Matthew Revell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We'll review the activities about LoCo Testing, with the results from the Italian Team, and the Laptop testing project. We'll also discuss about the an idea in the Italian LoCo about a Triage Team with mentoring in native language and team's adoption.

Participants:
attending andyrock (Andrea Azzarone)
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending kamus (Kamus)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lyz (Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending sense (Sense Egbert Hofstede)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Canonical has announced a new 5-year LTS support policy for the Ubuntu Desktop which will provide updates to X, drivers, and necessary plumbing layer components to provide support for newer hardware in the LTS.  * What is the best way to distribute the updated X stack?  * Will this be an opt-in change for upgraders? If so, how will the upgrader need to be changed to properly guide the user in making a choice?  * For consistency, what version naming scheme should be used for these package updates?  * Should we limit it to just the serverside portion of the X stack? (I.e. omit libX11, etc. to avoid breakage to client apps) * For certain graphics cards, there is a possibility that driver support could be dropped in future kernel and X combinations; the upgrader will need to be aware of this and not suggest the upgrade if it won't work, or perhaps make them aware of the risks or known-regressions they'll endure if they wish to proceed anyway.  * Should a way be provided to enable the user to back out the changes? If so, how should that be implemented?  * How tightly should the kernel / X package versions be kept? I.e. should we discourage or permit old-kernel/new-X and/or new-kernel/old-X setups. (If we permit these combinations it gives user flexibility but imposes a larger testing impact).

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brent-s-fox (Brent Fox)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending etienne-goyer-outlands (Etienne Goyer)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending sarvatt (Robert Hooker)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending timg-tpi (Tim Gardner)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Topics:  - What is necessary to have a working multitouch demo with Ubuntu LEB?  - What kind of demo do we want/need?  - What hardware should be used, and which board should we try to support? More details at https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4121/LINUX2011-MULTITOUCH-DEMO

Participants:
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Thursday 3 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Group

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
RedHat — Matthew Garrett

Tracks:
  • Power Management
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Thursday 3 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Thursday 3 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
After the release of the latest version of the Linux kernel, several people have been generating presentation slides to show how Linaro is contributing to the development of Linux on ARM. Andrea Gallo has done some very good slides showing this and I would like to discuss what data is meaningful and what can be generated automatically.

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending jencastelino (Jennifer Castelino)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending ms5stacc (Steve Taylor)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)

Tracks:
  • General
Grand Sierra F (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
< Thursday >