Ubuntu logo

Developer Summit

< Friday >

09:00 - 09:55 EDT
Integration of DEP5 and SPDX into our packaging process for the generation of machine readable COPYING or LICENSE files for improved analysis of the licensing and copyright issues when releasing Ubuntu and derivative products.

Participants:
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending rbelem (Rodrigo Belem)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending PHP 5.4 for Ubuntu 12.04 ( Server and Cloud )
PHP is about to make a new "minor" revision bump, from 5.3 to 5.4. This will remove some long standing security problems like register_globals, and add some advanced new features like Traits. The 5.3 series, meanwhile, will be coming to an end sometime sooner than the end of 12.04's 5 year supported cycle. In the interest of shipping an advanced but stable LTS, we should consider shipping 5.4.0 as the PHP version in 12.04 rather than 5.3.9.

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed)
Private Ops Review for ST-Ericsson LT

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VI
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Not Attending Cloud HA ( Server and Cloud )
Discuss the current HA cluster stack and its usage in OpenStack and finish with the merges of newest upstream changes. Additionally, discuss the adoption of Pacemaker Cloud [1]. "The Pacemaker Cloud project provides high levels of service availability for high scale cloud deployments. Our approach to high availability is to detect failures, isolate failures, followed by restart of the failed components. When repeated component failures occur the software escalates those failures into failures of higher level components." "" [1]: http://pacemaker-cloud.org/

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending heckj (Joseph Heck)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending ttx (Thierry Carrez)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
jasper is a pile of hacks similar to casper. target of this spec is to re-implement the functions jasper fulfills in debian-installer modules. additionally the ac100-tarball-installer functionality should go into d-i as well.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Friday

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Friday's security roundtable

Tracks:
  • Security
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed)
Making our multi-monitor, dock and projector support better.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stewartw (Stewart Wilson)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Translations roundtable discussion where to fit all other topics not covered in dedicated sessions

Participants:
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending kelemeng (Gabor Kelemen)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There are a few things we should cover for NetworkManager this cycle: mostly polish, but as general ideas: - reinstate daily builds for 0.9 to help with testing, knowing in advance about bugs, etc. - testing some of the new features likely to land and be useful for Precise: bonding, VLAN support, etc. - types of bugs or small enhancements that should be looked at in priority ?

Participants:
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Continuing cross-distribution meeting series, aimed at sharing ideas and problems that people may have related to ARM porting ARMv8 Standardization Multiarch Triplets

Participants:
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Profile guided optimisation is where you run a program, collect data on how it actually runs, then use that to make a further optimised build. We'd like to use PGO as a theme in a future quarter but need to investigate PGO and the potential gains first. Discuss.

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending michaelh1 (Michael Hope)
attending m-k-edwards (Michael K. Edwards)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Toolchain
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Topics: - How to improve the relationship - Work on simliar features every cycle - Hardware support and LT - Ubuntu with Android image?

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Representatives from Linaro SoC partners will gather to discuss the burgeoning topic of graphics power management. The issues around CPU power management for the CPU are fairly well understood and efforts are well under way, but for the GPU this is less so. We would like to cover: [1] Available measurements and controls for current generation GPUs. [2] What measurements and controls the software would ideally have access to. [3] What capabilities the next generation of GPUs might have.

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending haojian-zhuang (Haojian Zhuang)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending vincent-guittot (Vincent Guittot)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
10:00 - 10:45 EDT
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed)
Continuing cross-distribution meeting series, aimed at sharing ideas and problems that people may have related to ARM porting ARMv8 Standardization Multiarch Triplets

Participants:
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)

Tracks:
  • Linaro Summits
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
To more efficiently summarize and get an overview of the release, its important for tools to know which team to associate a specific package with for reporting, triage, etc. Ad hoc spreadsheets are being used at the moment, but it would be better if we had an open and flexible way to associate this property with the project in launchpad.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending ameetp (Ameet Paranjape)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jplans (Jose Plans)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lifeless (Robert Collins)
attending matthew.revell (Matthew Revell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending pancro (Ezio de Mauro)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending rick-rickspencer3 (Rick Spencer)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
A bit of work has been done late in the Oneiric cycle to improve friendly recovery to work better. Now with the LTS coming up, it's time to fix some of the bigger issues for good and make sure the recovery mode will be useful and working for everyone. Things to discuss include: - Dealing with udev so important devices are initialized in recovery mode - Properly initialize the network, either by using ifupdown or Network Manager - Update the plugins to work properly when network isn't available and give a clue to the user that they need to enable network

Participants:
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss ideas to improve the community understanding of bug reporting and triage.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending claydoh (Clay Weber)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending kamus (Kamus)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending sense (Sense Egbert Hofstede)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
For USB-based mobile broadband modems it got common that the Windows driver is stored on the modem itself and as long as the driver is not installed the modem shows itself to the computer as a USB mass storage device. Therefore usb-modeswitch got introduced to switch these modems into modem modeunder Linux as there the driver is already available as a kernel module shipped with the OS. A similar problem occured now for USB printers, they also show themselves as mass storage devices by default to provide their Windows driver without need of a CD. So usb-modeswitch needs to be extended to printers Tests should be done whether the switching mechanisms are the same as for modems and only the printer's IDs need to be added or whether more work is needed.

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending larsu (Lars Uebernickel)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending till-kamppeter (Till Kamppeter)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Following on discussions the past few months on ubuntu-devel, review the current workflow for accepting new packages into Ubuntu, with an eye to refinements or improvements we could make this cycle. Includes submission to Debian, Backports, REVU (and potential for switching to DebExpo), and ARB.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending jpugh (John Pugh)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending vila (Vincent Ladeuil)
attending zack-debian (Stefano Zacchiroli)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Improve finger print authentication in Ubuntu

Participants:
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending pcm689 (Pascal Morin)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Open forum and discussion on how words and language are used in Launchpad, in the form of titles, labels, status and guides.

Participants:
attending danhg (Dan Harrop-Griffiths)
attending svwilliams (Stephen V. Williams)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Charm authors will need first class documentation to write charms

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending hazmat (Kapil Thangavelu)
attending heckj (Joseph Heck)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending robbiew (Robbie Williamson)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There are several features in the Android kernel that are not acceptable in their current state. Linaro is interested in leading the process of developing upstream code that provides the same high-level functionality as found in the Android kernel and working on adapting the Android stack to use any new interfaces that result from this development. These features include: Wake locks https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4571/KWG2011-ANDROID-WAKELOCK-UPSTREAMING Ashmem https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4575/KWG2011-ANDROID-ASHMEM-UPSTREAMING Logger https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4576/KWG2011-ANDROID-LOGGER-UPSTREAMING Extended OOM Killer https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4577/KWG2011-ANDROID-OOM-KILLLER-UPSTREAMING Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19254/linaro-kernel-android-upstreaming/

Participants:
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending noritsuna-oesf (Noritsuna Imamura)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Currently for every kernel flavour we need the following packages: - kernel-headers-abi - kernel-headers-abi-flavour - kernel-image-abi-flavour - kernel-image-abi-flavour-dbgsym - linux-tools-abi-flavour - linux-tools-common Until we have one single kernel that could support different flavours, we need to support having different packages at our overlay. Common issues we have with the current solution: - DKMS depends on linux-headers/image-generic - How to depend on a common and single headers package - same dependency issue with the debug package This session is about discussin possible ways to fix this long standing issues at the Ubuntu LEB, and future planing on how to properly add new flavors in the future.

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Most distributions build at a medium optimisation level but a fair bit of our work is enabled at -O3. Discuss the current status, benchmark results, arguments to justify, and areas that need work.

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending michaelh1 (Michael Hope)
attending m-k-edwards (Michael K. Edwards)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Toolchain
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Placeholder for the second presentation for the NEON Optimization Forum. Michael Hope will give the presentation: What is the vectoriser, what does it do, and how do I write vectoriser friendly code?

Participants:
attending haojian-zhuang (Haojian Zhuang)
attending ibiris (Ilias Biris)
attending michaelh1 (Michael Hope)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending ramana (Ramana Radhakrishnan)
attending subashp (Subash Patel)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
11:00 - 11:55 EDT
Discuss where to focus AppArmor development and integration efforts, part 2 of 2.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Security
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
There are a large number of existing .ubuntu.com sub-domains. Finding these is reliant on word-of-mouth or google. I propose we have a top-level URL or a well-advertised page on wiki.ubuntu.com that lists the available sub-domains such as: archive.ubuntu.com brainstorm.ubuntu.com cdimages.ubuntu.com changelogs.ubuntu.com ddebs.ubuntu.com fridge.ubuntu.com friendly.ubuntu.com harvest.ubuntu.com help.ubuntu.com irclogs.ubuntu.com isoserver.qa.ubuntu.com keyserver.ubuntu.com manpages.ubuntu.com merges.ubuntu.com one.ubuntu.com package-import.ubuntu.com paste.ubuntu.com planet.ubuntu.com reports.qa.ubuntu.com status.ubuntu.com testcases.qa.ubuntu.com unity.ubuntu.com wiki.ubuntu.com     :     : et cetera. Nice touches would be to: - Use friendly icons - Provide very brief description of each sub-domain. - Group the sites by categories such as:   - user type (user, developer, admin)   - product applicability (desktop, server, cloud)?

Participants:
attending charlinepoirier (Charline Poirier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending johnoxton (John Oxton)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Design
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Private

Tracks:
  • General
Boca VII
Since Diablo, Openstack continues to grow at a rapid pace. As it will likely continue its pace throughout the Essex & P cycles, we need to determine which components, functionality and configurations matter most to us and how to test. With Juju driving automated complex deployment testing, we should drill down on specific areas of the stack that are critical to the success Ubuntu Cloud LTS. We should also consider how our testing can make use of upstream's existing QA infrastructure and how our efforts can benefit the Openstack community as a whole.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending gandelman-a (Adam Gandelman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending ttx (Thierry Carrez)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
What can we do to drive MOTU this cycle? What sprints should we aim for?

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Ensure that a base set of packages is cross-compilable from an x86 host to an ARM target. The goal is to ensure the packaging of packages in Ubuntu Core, Ubuntu Server, and a base set of desktop system libraries/applications (qt, gtk, glib, freetype, firefox) supports cross-compilation of those packages..

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending craig.magina (Craig Magina)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending jk-ozlabs (Jeremy Kerr)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending ssweeny (Scott Sweeny)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed)
A first set of metrics are to be put in place during Precise. This session is to discuss about code coverage and test escape analysis.

Participants:
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending ories (Olli Ries)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sconklin (Steve Conklin)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The Ubuntu Translations Portal was created at the end of the Natty cycle: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-translations-portal On the Oneiric cycle work on other projects has put proomoting and using the portal on hold, but this cycle we'd like to relaunch it with more content useful to Ubuntu translators.

Participants:
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Learn how to write Juju Charms
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed)
Followup session for the ARB, to plan work items. See the etherpad page for the previous session: http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-p/meeting/19549/community-p-app-review-board/

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending bhavi (Bhavani Shankar)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)

Tracks:
  • Other
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This session is to discuss how we plan work for an Ubuntu Accomplishments specification.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending cwayne18 (Chris Wayne)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending randall (Randall Ross (rrnwexec))
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending sense (Sense Egbert Hofstede)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Android Build Service: Past and Future ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
In this session we will consider Android Build System performance during last 6 months, what was good, what bad, what was done from LDS11.05 plans, what was not, how recent Android team workflow affects older plans. Then, we'll consider improvements to Android Build. This may include: tabbed build organization, commandline build launching, easier parameterization, test-result co-location, etc. Goals: Create a set of plans and milestones to improve how android-build looks and runs.

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dzinman (David Zinman)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending leonid-kudryavtsev (Leonid)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Delivering an ARM KVM product - Product definition - Technical project management / leadership - Involved parties - GNU/Linux platforms Kernel pieces - Linux as hypervisor - clocksource - SMP - virtual GIC - virtio? QEMU / qemu-kvm bits - Host ABI - Guest boot process -- boot ROM/kernel+initrd? - Virtio? Continuous integration using Fast Models

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
In order to bring the Validation Dashboard user experience one step forward the LAVA team will focus on a nice, comprehensive interface for the main use cases. Those were identified to be: * Platform Image Testing (example questions provided above.) * Kernel Continuous Integration ("Has Linus' kernel regressed on any of our boards over the last day?") * An individual jobs' click-flow: making it easy to follow a job from entering the scheduler to the actual result submission. * The validation.linaro.org frontpage, which should give an interesting overview of the most important tests being run. During this session, we would like to review the existing pages in LAVA to discuss whether they are useful, or should be modified or eliminated, and look for information that is missing or difficult to get at, and discuss how to improve that. Session notes: A few issues in the current proposal with width, layout, etc should need just a few fixes before we can roll it out Merge as-is, there is an issue with one of the reports we have on the front page being too wide, but that's really a bug in the report. Do we need the date? the date takes up a lot of space on there ACTION: make sure we have a bug on that report - it needs to be fixed regardless of whether we choose to have it on the front page Side bar - do we even need it? Some pages don't have enough information to warrant having a side bar - this can be dropped for those pages current side bar used has some visual issues, but in general people agreed that having a collapsable side bar would be useful. Screen width on some small screens is really bad, so we can't assume we have a lot of horizontal space to work with ACTION: Consider other sidebar widgets, ensure that other parts of the UI don't get hidden by the side bar Flow of submitting a job to seeing results through the lifecycle * having a "me" page - Should this be a global me page, or per app? - list of scheduler jobs that this user has scheduled - notification options - notify me by email or RSS feed for all my jobs? - ability to subscribe to subscribe to other events "actions on objects" would be subscribable from the context of the thing you want to be subscribed to - email notification could be jammed, could cause hangs if it doesn't timeout. We should put them in a message queue for the user, and those get processed by a job that runs frequently. We can mitigate with the RSS feed notification. -- I'm not sure this is totally needed, I think this could be set up so it doesn't have to block on the email. The mailer daemon should process the queue and we shouldn't have to care about it Front page: should load quickly - actual content is not easy to pick something that matters to everyone, so we could put just about anything here This is also a marketing page for lava, for linaro ACTION: Involve marketing in what should go here - get them to review what we do and make sure they agree theme/branding For lava as a project, we might want a generic lava logo rather than linaro branded (low prio) Menus: We need a top level menu that stats constant, apps can introduce 2nd level menus if needed example: dashboard currently changes the menu result view (/bundles/sha1) On the view that shows a list of test runs in a bundle it currently shows: test run - this links to the results and is fine test name - this links to some kind of confusing list of historic runs uploaded on - ok, some sense of time is good analyzed on - this is confusing, some people have said that they think this means that someone triaged this test result and filed bugs on it, etc. that's not what it means at all What we need here: some kind of pass/fail/totals - we should be able to see this at a glance, then drill down for details ***If we can determine context, then could we show the current results across the top, and below show historical results in comparison as a sort of waterfall view Could we build the context based on testing efforts? ACTION: Kiko is working on a set of mockups in basalmics to recommend to us - waterfall views - time based reports Should we have bundle streams? Should we name them something else? As a matter of fact, we explain what's a bundle stream at each sessions. Kernel waterfall is too busy, too many bricks Kiko has an idea to arrange this by trees - instead of having checkboxes for trees, have links for each kernel tree For boards where we can't run the test, we should have a red unsupported or broken block for the lava-test seciton

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending ishikawa-jun-07 (Jun Ishikawa)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending ubuntubmw (Bernhard M. Wiedemann)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Validation & LAVA
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussion of Single Kernel binary topic. Etherpad @ http://summit.linaro.org/uds-p/meeting/19257/linaro-kernel-single-zimage/

Participants:
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending mounir-bsaibes (Mounir Bsaibes)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending omar.ramirez (Omar Ramirez Luna)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending skannan-p (Saravana Kannan)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Kernel
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
12:00 - 13:00 EDT
Learn how to write Juju Charms
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed)
Delivering an ARM KVM product - Product definition - Technical project management / leadership - Involved parties - GNU/Linux platforms Kernel pieces - Linux as hypervisor - clocksource - SMP - virtual GIC - virtio? QEMU / qemu-kvm bits - Host ABI - Guest boot process -- boot ROM/kernel+initrd? - Virtio? Continuous integration using Fast Models

Participants:
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss where to focus Ubuntu-specific AppArmor packaging and integration efforts.

Participants:
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Security
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
On that topic something which comes often is when to lock screen, we should do a table listing the different cases where the screen might get locked (i.e on idle delay, suspend, lid close, user switching, etc) and the different credential scenarios (i.e autologin, password login, etc). We should also decide if the "lock screen on idle" option from the control center should affect, i.e user switching The topic comes quite often in bugs report and there is some conflicts there being "security" and "no password prompting", we currently force the screen locking on user switching or suspend but we should probably give an easy way to opt out for users who don't want it.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending elle.uca (Luca Ferretti)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
having a lot of thoughts on what can be OneConf (even it the scope of the post is more than a cycle I guess), I gathered them on this blog posts: http://blog.didrocks.fr/post/OneConf-in-Oneiric-and-the-way-forward%E2%80%A6

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending duanedesign (Duane d)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The QA tracker at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com has been around for quite a while now. It's in desperate need of some small changes to better work with the amount of testing Ubuntu requires nowadays. This session is meant to discuss what are the most important changes we need to make the tracker work better for the LTS. These changes should ideally be implementable very quickly as the tracker starts being used for the first alpha.

Participants:
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending ray.chen (Ray Chen)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
It's expected this cycle that Multiarch will provide superior 32-bit compatibility for any packages that previously required ia32-libs, as well as a scalable way to add compatibility for other libraries going forward, removing one of the main pain points for running 64-bit by default. Adobe has just released a supported 64-bit version of flashplugin, removing one of the main causes for users to need 32-bit compatibility on Linux anyway. At the same time, the availability of UEFI only on our 64-bit images gives another compelling argument for running 64-bit instead of 32-bit, offering features like a fast UEFI boot instead of a slow BIOS POST and possibly secure boot capabilities (or possibly, the need to use UEFI to be bootable at all on certain secureboot-enabled hardware). Should we switch to promoting 64-bit ISOs by default for 12.04 (on the website, in pressings, etc)? What other blockers remain?

Participants:
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending ray.chen (Ray Chen)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
treach Darkwing how to package

Participants:
attending claydoh (Clay Weber)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
How can we get better at celebrating contributions to Ubuntu development? There is massive amounts of great work going into Ubuntu, some of this is under the radar because it is less visible. Celebrating this more publicly would be both inspiring for those who did the good work, and others who didn't know about the great work before.

Participants:
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The current set of Ubuntu Cloud Infrastructure charms to deploy openstack are the best we could do given the constraints provided by the current version of juju. Given that juju has an aggressive roadmap for 12.04LTS that will address it's production tagged bugs (https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bugs?field.tag=production), we should define precisely what the charms should deliver.

Participants:
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending gandelman-a (Adam Gandelman)
attending james-page (James james.page@canonical.com)
attending justin-l-werner (Justin L Werner)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending martinbogo (Martin Bogomolni)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Come and talk to us about any usability issues you have, ideas for changes and find out how the Launchpad team looks at usability and how we make changes.

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending danhg (Dan Harrop-Griffiths)
attending gz (Martin Packman)

Tracks:
  • Other
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
We'd like to use Firefox as a toolchain testsuite and a benchmark. Discuss approach, existing testsuites, and the parts to benchmark. I would like to check if these workloads are the interesting ones? Load and rendering of a good set of web pages JavaScript Start up of browser Shutdown of browser Imaging - or are we covered by EEMBC DENBench, ConsumerBench Input data that can be redistributed? I would like to hear the views on this and understand how to proceed. Can Mozilla share the tp5 pages? Is it necessary that the content is redistributed, or can it be internal to the tcwg? How to proceed with cross-compiling? I would like to use a multistrap/xdeb approach, but it seems hard. Is it OK to create a chroot with everything installed, zip it up and reuse it for some months? Configuring the build for different flags and features Should we use .mozconfig, myRules.mk, and myConfig? If debian package is used for building, can myrules and myconfig still be used? Which benchmark(s) to choose for browsing? ARMBBench EEMBC BrowsingBench Talos with a set of pages Would it be possible to integrate ARMBBench or EEMBC BrowsingBench in the Talos framework? System level testing What are the plans for system level? Is there an overlap? Can we benfit, work together... When done, should the toolchain browsing benchmark tests be run in LAVA?

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending michaelh1 (Michael Hope)
attending m-k-edwards (Michael K. Edwards)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Toolchain
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Zach Pfeffer <email address hidden> wrote: > Ha! > > Yeah sounds cool. > > Happy to meet up. We could probably pull it into our builds - create > an ecryptfs partition for people to play with. Thanks for the intro, Andy! Zach, the cool thing about eCryptfs is that it doesn't require a partition. It's a layered filesystem, so you just mount one directory on top of another. The top one has a cleartext view of files/folders. The lower one (which is the one that's actually written to the lower filesystem -- any filesystem you like -- contains the encrypted data, which gets written to disk). If you want to play with it, just install ecryptfs-utils, and assuming ecryptfs is built into your kernel (it is by default in Ubuntu), just run "ecryptfs-setup-private". Logout, and then back in. Your $HOME/Private directory is where you'd save your sensitive data (like a ~/.firefox cache, for instance, which you can symlink back into place). The actual encrypted data is stored in $HOME/.Private. Play with it a bit and you'll get the idea. Alternatively, you can encrypt *all* of $HOME. Anyway, seems like it might be kinda cool, from a security and privacy PoV for Linaro builds. I'm in Austin this week, and then traveling to Boston for the next 2. Grab a beer some time after that, and before UDS? Cheers, -- :-Dustin Dustin Kirkland Manager, Systems Integration Corporate Services Canonical, LTD

Participants:
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending m-k-edwards (Michael K. Edwards)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
The archive needs a rich set of modern packages for "WebScale" operations, review the list of unpackaged technologies and target popular new technologies which need packaging. Whiteboard will contain a list of low hanging fruit with a positive impact.

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
In this sessions we will talk about how to integrate proprietary binary overlays onto LEBs. Description ------------------ The Linaro Platform unit recognizes that at least some of the binary drivers and firmware needed to deliver an accelerated LEB experience will be provided under a restricted license. To unblock full enablement while maintaining our open development approach (which makes available all open-source components as well as the build service), the Linaro Android LEB program needs to grow support to supplement LEB builds through an overlay mechanism, containing acceleration binaries. The situations targeted are: Binaries available on a login protected vendor or third party site Binaries provided for download behind a click through form Binaries available for download freely, but requiring user to accept a click-through license upon install This work will include tools and LAVA improvements that will allow users and the validation lab to deal with the new binary components. It will also deliver proof of concept refactoring of Android Platform code to build without the binaries to support our pure upstream builds. Acceptance Criteria ------------------------------- 1. Linaro Android Overlay package format defined and published supporting shipping an overlay file tree alongside with a license text 2. Linaro Android Overlay packages support including binaries requiring user acceptance or acknowledgement of included license text 3. Tools supporting the installation of Linaro Android Overlay packages by humans is available 4. Tools supporting the automated installation of Linaro Android Overlay packages, for LAVA, is available 5. LAVA supports managing LEBs with Linaro Android Overlays: one or more LEBs with overlays are automatically tested in LAVA See https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-android/+spec/linaro-platform-android-device-tree for the original description. Agenda ------------ Explain the present status of Proprietary binaries in our builds. Discuss the Blocking issues in the present distribution of binaries with linaro android. Discuss a solution for end users to access the proprietary binaries. Discuss a solution for LAVA to have access to the proprietary binaries. Goal of this Session ----------------------------- To brainstorm and generate concrete work items for integrating proprietary binaries with Linaro LEBs.

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending scottb (Scott Bambrough)
attending tony-mansson (Tony Mansson)
attending usman-ah (Usman Ahmad)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Package metadata with Linaro images ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
We would like to package metadata with the Linaro (Ubuntu and Android) images. The purpose is to pass information about the image to linaro-(android-)media-create such as information related to live builds or capabilities to be matched with hwpacks.

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending wookey (Wookey)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
13:00 - 14:00 EDT
Lunch
14:00 - 15:00 EDT [PLENARY]
5 minute talks, first come first serve, show up early to reserve a place in line!
Grand Sierra D (Audio Feed)
15:00 - 16:00 EDT
As opposed to having fully-fledged 1-on-1 mentoring, we might want to think of a much more light-weight approach and coordinate efforts such as: 1) reach out to new contributors, thank them for their work and get feedback, 2) reach out to people who might be ready to apply for upload rights and help them, 3) reach out to contributors that went inactive and get feedback from them and offer help. This should be easily manageable by a small team and would make the developer world a much more social experience.

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending bdfhjk (Marek Bardoński)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Since we have been a bit sloppy on that topic since lucid (or busy with new features) we should aim back at better performances for the lts, that include cpu and memory usage and login time. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-boot-speed https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/11.10/BootSpeedAnalysis has boot charts for various releases and comparative charts for lucid vs. oneiric and Dell Mini 10 (reference platform, slow Atom + SSD) vs. ThinkPad X201 (fast quad core + SSD, for identifying unnecessary dependencies) https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApM3WkUQgY4WdGtnMFFnelU2ZlpMSnUxMmhFZGhWZ0E&authkey=CL-LzIQL&hl=en_US#gid=0 has more comparisons of two machines between 9.10 and 11.10.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending anthonywong (Anthony Wong)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending carifio (Mike Carifio)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending chrisccoulson (Chris Coulson)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jderose (Jason Gerard DeRose)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending om26er (Omer Akram)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending patrickmwright (Patrick Wright)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending ricotz (Rico Tzschichholz)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending rodrigo-moya (Rodrigo Moya)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending taitenpeng (Taiten taiten.peng@canonical.com)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Open Week, Developer Week, Application Developer Week, User Days

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending nigelbabu (Nigel Babu)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending valorie-zimmerman (Valorie Zimmerman)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
During the Oneiric cycle a set of tools to create localized ISOs were developed. We'd like to expand on those tools, get some community feedback and a wider adoption of those tools to create ISOs adapted to a particular region. This will be a community-based effort, and to kick it off we'll need to: - Create a policy for these images: -- What can be changed and what cannot -- Where should the images be published -- How can the images be tested - Create documentation on how to build these images - Create documentation on how to test them In this session we'll discuss and elaborate on this topics to come up with a clear plan on how the community can create localized ISO images

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending kelemeng (Gabor Kelemen)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending xdatap1 (Paolo Sammicheli)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discuss cloud new utilities that can be added to cloud-utils or new packages that Ubuntu should bring in.

Participants:
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending smoser (Scott Moser)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
For ARM targets we currently have semi-preinstalled images - an already extracted rootfs on SD card which is expanded to fit the media on first boot and run oem-config. We should investigate the feasibility of having an installer more in line with Ubuntu desktop, that is installing from a squashfs based live-image. There are performance issues to consider - such an image proved very slow a couple of cycles before - and the fact that most of our target hardware only has one storage media by default, making the source and the target of the install necessarily the same. We could have such a live-installer made initially only for the particular case of installing from SD card to an external USB drive.

Participants:
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending jani (Jani Monoses)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending wmills (Bill Mills)

Tracks:
  • Ubuntu ARM
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Care has been taken over the years to ensure that clicking a link to an executable on a website doesn't cause untrusted code to be run, and that all package downloads from the Ubuntu archive and from PPAs can be done securely. But lots of community and third-party documentation directs users to download unsigned .debs from websites and install them, and software center facilitates this. We need to examine the security around third-party packages.

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending brian-thomason (Brian Thomason)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jml (Jonathan Lange)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kamalmostafa (Kamal Mostafa)
attending kirkland (Dustin Kirkland )
attending kiwinote (Kiwinote)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
attending ranman (Randy Linnell)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending tgm4883 (Thomas Mashos)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
In what ways can we improve Upstart from an administrators perspective? What would make sysadmin's lives easier? - custom actions [e.g. status, force-reload, try-restart] - programmatic enabling/disabling of services - improved logging - serialized/interactive boot - suggested new common events? (see `man upstart-events` for current examples) - ability to list "services which will start on boot" - fixing LP bug: 406397 would make writing/testing new jobs easier See last cycle's blueprint for reference: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-o-upstart-for-admins

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending awolfson (Alex Wolfson)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending hloeung (Haw Loeung)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending jpds (Jonathan Davies)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Complete and publish https://juju.ubuntu.com/AppArmor. (currently in draft)

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending lynxman (Marc Cluet)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
If we are to grow Ubuntu's user base by a factor of 10, we need to look at ways to scale the community. Community growth is a key to taking Ubuntu to people who have never seen it or heard of it. Here's one powerful way to scale: Build local communities at a town/city level. Make Ubuntu more of an in-person phenomenon, and less of a virtual one. We should gather and discuss how to make this happen, as well as any other thoughts for scaling.

Participants:
attending andreagrandi (Andrea Grandi)
attending andrenoel (Andre Noel)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending randall (Randall Ross (rrnwexec))
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Every LTS we're confronted with the Python upgrade story. This is made difficult because there is usually no overlap in Python versions from LTS to LTS. Not that we've ever come up with a very satisfactory solution before, but let's at least discuss it again since if there is anything we can do, 12.04 is probably a good time to do it. Just to remind us: since there will never be a 2.8, we only have to worry about Python 3. (Doubtful we'd remove Python 2.7 from main any time soon.) Python 3.3 is slated for after 12.04, and it will only be in alpha during this cycle, which is probably in too much flux to put it in this LTS. Extrapolating out, I think it's possible we'd see a Python 3.4 just before 14.04.

Participants:
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending menesis (Gediminas Paulauskas)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending piotr (Piotr Ożarowski)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Discussion on Live CD/USB integration with Secure Boot. Will we need to create signed images? How will we maintain user-modifiability? Can we avoiding signed images?

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending alexhung (Alex Hung)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jk-ozlabs (Jeremy Kerr)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending lexical (Keng-Yü Lin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending pcm689 (Pascal Morin)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Curacao 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Ubuntu LEB: extend LAVA usage ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms )
Topics: - Go over the current test cases and show what is currently tested - How to hook Offspring builds into LAVA as soon they are completed? - Supporting different test bundles across images and platforms - Extending test support: - Hardware support, such as wifi, bluetooth, sound - Regression/smoke test for LEB images

Participants:
attending asac (Alexander Sack)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending fboudra (Fathi Boudra)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
Curacao 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Friday 1 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Group

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
This will be a presentation talking about how to get involved and participate in the Linaro community. The primary audience is: * people who are transitioning from propriety to open source * community members interested in getting involved in Linaro Topics included:   * working in open source - differences from properietary   * working with Linaro   * leasons learned from a community member's success story

Participants:
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending doanac (Andy Doan)
attending espersson (Thomas Espersson)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending mike-levine (Mike Levine)
attending mwaddel (Matt Waddel)
attending pahmann (Philipp Ahmann)
attending ryanharkin (Ryan Harkin)
attending subashp (Subash Patel)

Tracks:
  • Training
Curacao 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Friday 1 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Friday 1 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon of engineering and hacking for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Meetup for folks interested in the hard-float ABI work, discussing status to date and what's still remaining.

Participants:
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)

Tracks:
  • General
Grand Sierra I (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
16:15 - 17:00 EDT
Not Attending Juju Advocacy ( Community )
We built a great tool, let's tell the world!

Participants:
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending robbiew (Robbie Williamson)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Community
Antigua 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
What metrics should the defect analysts be gathering for their engineering teams? What visualizations of this data would be useful and what tool(s) should be used to create the visualizations?

Participants:
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending flacoste (Francis J. Lacoste)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gz (Martin Packman)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jplans (Jose Plans)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending matthew.revell (Matthew Revell)
attending pancro (Ezio de Mauro)
attending pvillavi (Pedro Villavicencio)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sconklin (Steve Conklin)
attending sylvain-pineau (Sylvain Pineau)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Antigua 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Similar to the IPv6 session we had in Budapest. Discuss what changed in Oneiric and what we want to focus on for Precise. Things to discuss at least include: - New ifupdown supporting dhcpv6 - Testing our most important server and client packages for IPv6 support - Status of IPv6 support for Ubuntu core services like archive.ubuntu.com, archive.canonical.com, ntp.ubuntu.com, geoip.ubuntu.com, ... so we can have a perfectly working install in an IPv6 only environment - Privacy extensions - Dual-stack DHCP server support

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending dhenrich (Dean Henrichsmeyer)
attending gruemaster (Tobin Davis)
attending hloeung (Haw Loeung)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending lfaraone (Luke Faraone)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mjeanson (Michael Jeanson)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Bonaire 1 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Current status of UEFI support in Ubuntu. Discussion of pre-UDS testing, discussion of new areas we'd like to support, and bugs that need fixing.

Participants:
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending alexhung (Alex Hung)
attending anthonywong (Anthony Wong)
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending fourdollars (Shih-Yuan Lee)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jason-hobbs (Jason Hobbs)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending kentb (Kent Baxley)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending manjo (Manoj Iyer)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending pcm689 (Pascal Morin)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)
attending tom-leiming (Ming Lei)
attending townsend (Christopher Townsend)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Bonaire 2 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Goals for improving the News Team over all, clean up documentation for UWN and Fridge, as well as update Front Page for Fridge and Branding efforts.

Participants:
attending akgraner (Amber Graner)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Say cheese

Participants:
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Bonaire 5 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Hacking on summit.ubuntu.com while everyone is together.

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Bonaire 6 (Audio Feed)
Cloud-live project delivers usable and bootable cloud infrastructure. Purpose of this blueprint is to set and define goals for the future of the project.

Participants:
attending andreserl (Andres Rodriguez)
attending aquette (Arnaud Quette)
attending brianfromme (Brian Fromme)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending soren (Soren Hansen)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)

Tracks:
  • Server and Cloud
Bonaire 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Dealing with Ubuntu and governments

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending amanda-brock (Amanda Brock)
attending charlie-tca (Charlie Kravetz)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending rafik (Rafik Ouerchefani)
attending sense (Sense Egbert Hofstede)

Tracks:
  • Community
Bonaire 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Toolchain and OCTO Working Groups

Participants:
attending ams-codesourcery (Andrew Stubbs)
attending asa-sandahl (Asa Sandahl)
attending davidgil-uk (Dr. David Alan Gilbert)
attending david-rusling (David Rusling)
attending lool (Loïc Minier)
attending markos-genesi-usa (Konstantinos Margaritis)
attending paulmck (Paul McKenney)
attending pmaydell (Peter Maydell)
attending steve-mcintyre (Steve McIntyre)
attending uweigand (Ulrich Weigand)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Toolchain
Curacao 3 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Graphics & Multimedia WG Engineering Friday 2 ( Graphics and Multimedia , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Graphics and Multimedia Working Group

Participants:
attending afrantzis (Alexandros Frantzis)
attending amaranth (Travis Watkins)
attending b34248 (Feng Wei)
attending benjamin-gaignard (Benjamin Gaignard)
attending chunsang (Chunsang Jeong)
attending jesse-barker (Jesse Barker)
attending kurt-r-taylor (Kurt Taylor)
attending mansr (Mans Rullgard)
attending marcoil (Marc Ordinas i Llopis)
attending marcus-lorentzon (Marcus Lorentzon)
attending rob-ti (Rob Clark)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Graphics and Multimedia
  • Hackfest
Curacao 4 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Kernel & Power Mgt WG Engineering Friday 2 ( Hackfest , Kernel , Power Management )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Kernel and Power Mgt Working Groups

Participants:
attending amitdanielk (Amit Daniel Kachhap)
attending amitk (Amit Kucheria)
attending dave-martin-arm (Dave Martin)
attending mturquette (Mike Turquette)
attending niklas-hernaeus (Niklas Hernaeus)
attending npitre (Nicolas Pitre)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending robertdavidlee (Robert D Lee)
attending shawnguo (Shawn Guo)
attending sumit-semwal (Sumit Semwal)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Kernel
  • Power Management
Curacao 6 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Validation and Infrastructure Working Groups

Participants:
attending danilo (Данило Шеган)
attending dooferlad (James Tunnicliffe)
attending dpigott (Dave Pigott)
attending le-chi-thu (Le Chi Thu)
attending liuyq0307 (Liu Yongqin)
attending mabac (Mattias Backman)
attending mwhudson (Michael Hudson-Doyle)
attending pfalcon (Paul Sokolovsky)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending qzhang (Spring Zhang)
attending salgado (Guilherme Salgado)
attending zkrynicki (Zygmunt Krynicki)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
  • Validation & LAVA
Curacao 7 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Platform WG Engineering Friday 2 ( Android & Ubuntu Platforms , Hackfest )
Afternoon engineering and hacking session for Platform Working Group

Participants:
attending abhishek-paliwal (Abhishek Paliwal)
attending aviksil (Avik Sil)
attending berolinux (Bernhard Rosenkraenzer)
attending botao-sun (Botao Sun)
attending chaoyang (Chao Yang)
attending fgiff (Frans Gifford)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending patrik-ryd (Patrik Ryd)
attending pfefferz (Zach Pfeffer)
attending tom-gall (Tom Gall)
attending vishalbhoj (Vishal Bhoj)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Android & Ubuntu Platforms
  • Hackfest
Curacao 8 (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Member Services

Participants:
attending angus-akkea (Angus Ainslie)
attending sachin.kamat (Sachin Kamat)
attending sangwook (Sangwook Lee)
attending tusharbehera (Tushar Behera)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra G (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
Afternoon engineering and hacking sessions for Member Services

Participants:
attending dave-long (David Long)
attending jassisinghbrar (Jassi Brar)
attending mathieu.poirier (Mathieu Poirier)
attending paulliu (Ying-Chun Liu)
attending triad (Linus Walleij)

Tracks:
  • Hackfest
Grand Sierra H (Audio Feed) Go to Blueprint
17:05 - 18:00 EDT [PLENARY]
< Friday >