Ubuntu logo

Developer Summit

< Tuesday >

09:00 - 09:55 PDT
The $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR fd.o spec has received criticism on the FHS mailing list due to implementation bugs that allow non-root users to DoS the /run directory. Discuss what's required for a solution in Ubuntu.

Participants:
attending akkzilla (Akkana Peck)
attending amigadave (David King)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending desrt (Ryan Lortie)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending kittykat3756 (Ekaterina Gerasimova)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mardy (Alberto Mardegan)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending quadrispro (Alessio Treglia)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
G. Ballroom A (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Testing strategies for user-space testing of the network stack (network manager, etc).

Participants:
attending allanlesage (Allan LeSage)
attending awe (Tony Espy)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending modern911 (Jeffrey Chang)
attending mreed8855 (Michael Reed)
attending narahuang (Nara Huang)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sergiusens (Sergio Schvezov)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending thomas-voss (Thomas Voß)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)

Tracks:
  • QA
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
Plans for the software-center client

Participants:
attending adam-stokes (Adam Stokes)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending davmor2 (Dave Morley)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending glatzor (Sebastian Heinlein)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending osomon (Olivier Tilloy)
G. Ballroom C (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Talk about backports, including joining the backports team.

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending andrewsomething (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)

Tracks:
  • Other
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
A discussion of the use of GStreamer in Ubuntu TV taking into account any existing third-party GStreamer sources and sinks.

Participants:
attending bigwhale (David Klasinc)
attending bregma (Stephen M. Webb)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending desrt (Ryan Lortie)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending eric.y.miao (Eric Miao)
attending jamesli-olsf (James Li)
attending jhodapp (Jim Hodapp)
attending kees (Kees Cook)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mardy (Alberto Mardegan)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending sverdy (Stéphane Verdy)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending tgm4883 (Thomas Mashos)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending willcooke (Will WillCooke)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
We need to start thinking about (and working on) the aarch64/arm64 port in Debian and Ubuntu, this spec should ultimately list what we know, what we need to know, what we need to be working on, how, and when.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending ahs3 (Al Stone)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending chaltain (Christopher Chaltain)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending jrp (Joshua R. Poulson)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending racb (Robie Basak)
attending r-herring (Rob Herring)
attending riku-voipio (Riku Voipio)
attending r-launchpad-encambio-com (Michael Schloh)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending timg-tpi (Tim Gardner)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
G. Ballroom H (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending MySQL RoundTable ( Cloud & Server )
A round table discussion around MySQL in Ubuntu.

Participants:
attending a.rosales (Antonio Rosales)
attending calvin-sun (calvinsun)
attending ccharles (Colin Charles)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending david-stokes (Dave Stokes)
attending esh (Eric Hammond)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending klarson (Keith Larson)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)
attending todd-farmer (Todd Farmer)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint

Participants:
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Jr. Ballroom 2 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
Rationale: Multiple teams are working on reports using .json files obtained from Arsenal. We're looking for a better way to maintain a stateful, historical bug database without stressing the launchpad server. Goal: Agree in a way of persisting launchpad data "locally", being that the source of data for reports. Implement that.

Participants:
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending cgregan (Chris Gregan)
attending christopherarges (Chris J Arges)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Room 201 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Tasks from daily community roundtable sessions

Participants:
attending andybleaden (Andy Bleaden)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending l3on (Leo Iannacone)
attending lafeber-dumoleyn (Hannie Dumoleyn)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending mike.basinger (Mike Basinger)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)

Tracks:
  • Community
Room 202 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)

Participants:
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)

Tracks:
  • Security
Room 208 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Things needing changed to keep everyone happy and friendly in the future for kubuntu

Participants:
attending acelankao (AceLan Kao)
attending bulldog98 (Jonathan Kolberg)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending jr (Jonathan Riddell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nilarimogard (Alin Andrei)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 210-211 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
10:00 - 10:45 PDT
Not Attending MySQL RoundTable ( Cloud & Server )
A round table discussion around MySQL in Ubuntu.

Participants:
attending a.rosales (Antonio Rosales)
attending calvin-sun (calvinsun)
attending ccharles (Colin Charles)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending david-stokes (Dave Stokes)
attending esh (Eric Hammond)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending klarson (Keith Larson)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)
attending todd-farmer (Todd Farmer)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
List of features and improvements for the Firmware Test Suite for Ubuntu 12.10

Participants:
attending acelankao (AceLan Kao)
attending alexhung (Alex Hung)
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending earl (Earl Malmrose)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending modern911 (Jeffrey Chang)
attending mreed8855 (Michael Reed)
attending narahuang (Nara Huang)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)
attending wenchien (Jesse Sung)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
G. Ballroom A (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
This session is to discuss providing object storage in OpenStack deployments with ceph. The blueprint is used for tracking work needed to be done in order to accomplish this. This includes charms, relevant packaging, and testing needed.

Participants:
attending a.rosales (Antonio Rosales)
attending brianfromme (Brian Fromme)
attending chaltain (Christopher Chaltain)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending elmo (James Troup)
attending gandelman-a (Adam Gandelman)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending lars-kurth (Lars Kurth)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending mike-mcclurg (Mike McClurg)
attending nealmcb (Neal McBurnett)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)
attending rvb (Raphaël Badin)
attending smaffulli (Stefano Maffulli)
attending tellis (Tom Ellis)
attending tv+nospam-launchpad-net-919d5d (Tv)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Hey, Not sure how much we need to discuss but it's always good to have a GNOME checkpoint session. It's likely that this cycle we will not "hold back" on things we kept behind until now, which means we need to bring clutter on the CD and see how we do that and what it means (do we need extra testing on some platforms during the cycle, how will it work for people not having 3d working, etc). Some other desktopish topics I would like to discuss, not sure if that's the right session but since we will probably have time in that one: - our delta with upstream and Debian and how we could lower it? mpt suggested that "launchpad-integration" items are quite "geeky", they also create most of our diff over Debian and extra work and don't really "scale" since they require sources patching, maybe it's time to discussion dropping that? - tools, though UDD didn't change a lot so I don't think the consensus will be any different from what it was other cycles - whatever other topics you guys come with ;-)

Participants:
attending amigadave (David King)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending charlesk (Charles Kerr)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending chrisccoulson (Chris Coulson)
attending davidbensimon (David Bensimon)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending khadgaray (Ritesh Khadgaray)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending nilarimogard (Alin Andrei)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending smaffulli (Stefano Maffulli)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending yingying-zhao (Yingying Zhao)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
This specification is to plan the work of the Ubuntu Accomplishments releases over the coming release cycle. Goals discussed so far include: * Maturing our API. you can see a list of these goals at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accomplishments/NewAPI * Getting Local Accomplishments support to a level of quality that matches Global Accomplishments. * Expanding our help and guidance for how to get started using the system. Please join the session, particularly if you are interested in contributing to the project.

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending cwayne18 (Chris Wayne)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending mfisch (Matt Fischer)
attending mike.basinger (Mike Basinger)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)

Tracks:
  • Community
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
The Packaging Guide has seen a lot of changes and improvements of the past few cycles. Let's keep this momentum going and discuss next steps.

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending andrewsomething (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending dylanmccall (Dylan McCall)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending l3on (Leo Iannacone)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)

Tracks:
  • Community
G. Ballroom H (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Our current SRU process is perhaps slightly over-engineered as a reaction to the fact that out previous SRU process was almost certainly far too lightweight. While there's (I hope obvious to all) value in documentation, audit trails, regression testing, and "bake-in" periods, our current process makes it somewhat difficult to get urgent fixes out quickly, while also discouraging the casual observer with an "obviously-correct" 2-character patch from making contributions to stable releases. We don't want to throw the babies out with the bathwater here, but we need to discuss ways we can make the process more agile while still keeping it robust enough to avoid making serious mistakes along the way.

Participants:
attending adam-stokes (Adam Stokes)
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending andrewsomething (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending christopherarges (Chris J Arges)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mdeslaur (Marc Deslauriers)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending pancro (Ezio de Mauro)
attending petermatulis (Peter Matulis)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending sconklin (Steve Conklin)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Jr. Ballroom 2 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Running LibreOffice 3.6 testsuites on Ubuntu Q for continuous integration.

Participants:
attending bjoern-michaelsen (Björn Michaelsen)
attending doko (Matthias Klose)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 201 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
We want to increase the visibility and awareness of Ubuntu app development outside of the regular Ubuntu channels. This blueprint will serve to discuss initiatives and plan an external outreach campaign. One of the first initiatives will be a series of articles published to a set of targetted media sites or print publications not directly associated with Ubuntu.

Participants:
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending brian-thomason (Brian Thomason)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending dylanmccall (Dylan McCall)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending rg4w (Richard Gaskin)

Tracks:
  • Community
Room 203 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
11:00 - 11:55 PDT
Robbie Williamson

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending chaltain (Christopher Chaltain)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending mike-sterling (Mike Sterling)
attending mreed8855 (Michael Reed)
attending petermatulis (Peter Matulis)
attending peter-petrakis (Peter Petrakis)
attending racb (Robie Basak)
attending robbiew (Robbie Williamson)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending yingying-zhao (Yingying Zhao)
G. Ballroom A (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
External testing, that is, the testing performed outside of Canonical certification labs, is a significant part of all the testing activities around Ubuntu that is growing on every cycle. It is becoming more common that people outside the certification team want to run our certification tools and tests, to either submit results to Friendly, test their systems, or check if a system would pass certification. As part of the continuous improvement practices currently in place, the certification team will focus on enhancing the user experience for external testers for both desktop and server, so that they can run test cases with the maximum coverage (both for hardware and software) and report problems effectively. The areas that have been identified to work on during the next cycle are the following ones: == Test case usability improvement == Some test cases executed internally in the laboratory assume the presence of devices and configurations needed to run them smoothly. Unfortunately, when these test cases are executed in a different environment, they fail and cannot be used unless all the prerequisites are properly fulfilled. * We need to take into account that for the external whitelist is going to be run outside the lab, so we cannot make assumptions on configuration * Automate as much as possible to get rid of any assumption and also run the test cases on any system that matches a minimal set of requirements. * Provide guidelines either in the documentation or the test case description to configure the environment properly when full automation isn't attainable. * Improve general usability of the testcases, to allow people less familiar with the tools, to run the test suite without having to ask questions. == Documentation == Documentation is intended to solve any doubt that could prevent a testing session from finishing properly with the submission of results and the reporting of the problems found. * Create a document that describes the procedure to run test cases using the external whitelist in a desktop. * Update the document for the server that was created in the previous cycle. This includes, for example, adding a section about how to troubleshoot problems. For instance, what to do if a test case doesn't work as expected, the test results cannot be submitted, etc. * Create training material for TAMs and customers, so that they can get some hands-on experience before certifying a device for a given release for the first time. * Provide guidelines either in the documentation or the test case description to configure the environment properly when full automation isn't attainable. == Whitelist coverage == The different set of test cases between the internal and the external whitelist, causes that the coverage achieved depends on the whitelist executed when it shouldn't be the case. * Review both whitelists and make sure that they provide the same amount of coverage. * When the improvements on test case automation aren't enough to get the desired coverage, create alternative and easy to configure test cases that can be used to test the same capability/feature in a different environment. == User interface usability == The new Qt interface is a step forward in terms of having a modern interface that looks appealing to users. However, we have to make sure that it lives up to the expectations of testers. * Review the interactions required to run test cases and solve any issue that prevents the tester from having a good experience that encourages collaboration and makes reporting problems easy. For example, look at the consistency of buttons when marking a test cases as passed/failed/skipped.

Participants:
attending adam-stokes (Adam Stokes)
attending ameetp (Ameet Paranjape)
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending gerboland (Gerry Boland)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mathor (Craig Hrabal)
attending modern911 (Jeffrey Chang)
attending narahuang (Nara Huang)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sergiusens (Sergio Schvezov)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)
attending vtuson (Victor Tuson Palau)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
How often does the installation fail? How do we know which language packs to include on the CDs? What hardware is suspend and resume still not working on?

Participants:
attending allanlesage (Allan LeSage)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending christopherarges (Chris J Arges)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending ev (Evan Dandrea)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending thedac (David Ames)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Hands on help with Launchpad bugs and getting involved in contributing to Launchpad

Participants:
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending gmb (Graham Binns)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending matthew.revell (Matthew Revell)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending stolowski (Pawel Stolowski)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
All development work items for Lubuntu 12.10

Participants:
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
G. Ballroom H (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
GlusterFS 3.3 brings significant improvements in the cloud area, with better support for VM image storage, as well as object storage and an HDFS compatibility library. We think this release will be useful for OpenStack deployments, and we'd like to create an integrated stack that utilizes GlusterFS - both for object storage (Swift interface) and VM image storage.

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
The biannual catch-all X discussion session. If you are involved in a project that directly depends on the X stack, or needs a particular feature from the stack, come along.

Participants:
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending chasedouglas (Chase Douglas)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davidbensimon (David Bensimon)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mlankhorst (Maarten Lankhorst)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Jr. Ballroom 2 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
We had tried to get some shortcut changes during the Precise cycle. Some successfully, some were not (like changing the "change worspace " keybindings). I propose a healthy check session/discussion with the design team to see what changes will be done for 12.10, what we need to expose on gnome-control-center, reviewing what we already expose there. Also, what changes are needed on the window manager side to propose more than one (configurable) keybinding to not break past conventions with new proposed ones.

Participants:
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending eric-canonical (Eric Williams)
attending johnlea (John Lea)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending smspillaz (Sam "SmSpillaz" Spilsbury)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending thomir (Thomi Richards)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 202 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
= Summary = The Desktop Team have a requirement for Multiseat support. Currently, ConsoleKit is used to handle sessions but has issues: - it's apparently unmaintained - requires $XDG_SESSION_COOKIE. Fedora now uses a facility called 'logind' which replaces ConsoleKit and uses cgroups and PAM to provide X session and terminal session and seat management. This session is to: (1) Discuss the plan regarding either making use of logind, updating ConsoleKit or writing our own tool. (2) Identify a list of requirements on a ConsoleKit successor. = References = - http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/Multiseat - http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ConsoleKit

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending jrp (Joshua R. Poulson)
attending khadgaray (Ritesh Khadgaray)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending quadrispro (Alessio Treglia)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending sverdy (Stéphane Verdy)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)
attending wenchien (Jesse Sung)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Room 203 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
This thread proposes a release process for Juju: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/juju/2012-April/001431.html The basics: * Keep it simple * 6 weeks of open trunk * 1 week of stabilization * 1 week of testing/critical fixing reserved * Aim to drop releases before FeatureFreeze in Ubuntu * Release series minor version bumped if backward incompatible changes are made * Semantic versions adopted (starting at 0.5.0 which is the version of juju in lp:juju when release process starts)

Participants:
attending a.rosales (Antonio Rosales)
attending bkerensa (Benjamin Kerensa)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending hazmat (Kapil Thangavelu)
attending hshingu (Hideyuki Shingu)
attending imbrandon (Brandon Holtsclaw)
attending jimbaker (Jim Baker)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending marcoceppi (Marco Ceppi)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending marrusl (Mark Russell)
attending mike-mcclurg (Mike McClurg)
attending nealmcb (Neal McBurnett)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending niemeyer (Gustavo Niemeyer)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
Room 204 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Identify which APIs need to be documented for application developers and ways in which we can provide these APIs in a developer friendly way

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending bzoltan (Zoltán Balogh)
attending charlesk (Charles Kerr)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending dylanmccall (Dylan McCall)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending kevin-wright-1 (Kevin Wright)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)

Tracks:
  • Community
Room 208 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
There are currently some issues changing password in Ubuntu using a simple one. On the other end, we are introducing devices with a different type of security and input. The purpose of this session is to discuss the current issue in Ubuntu Desktop and brainstorm solution for new form factors and if and how these can be linked.

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending glatzor (Sebastian Heinlein)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nealmcb (Neal McBurnett)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending quadrispro (Alessio Treglia)
attending tyhicks (Tyler Hicks)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)
Room 210-211 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
12:00 - 13:00 PDT
This blueprint is to discuss the work need to add MySQL Utilities package to Debian and Ubuntu.

Participants:
attending a.rosales (Antonio Rosales)
attending calvin-sun (calvinsun)
attending ccharles (Colin Charles)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending davewalker (Dave Walker)
attending esh (Eric Hammond)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending klarson (Keith Larson)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
The installer slideshows for *buntu 12.04 worked out great, and with an LTS behind us now is a great opportunity to take a breath and look around. It's time to think back to what has gone well over the last few releases, and what we can improve. There are lots of different slideshow projects built in to one, so it would be great if we can all put our heads together and get a feel for the effort as a whole — where this is working and where it isn't. So, if you happen to be reponsible for one of the many installer slideshows, please drop by! With this session, we're going to plan for the next few releases and, hopefully, we can build a sturdier project structure than we have had for the past few releases. This is also an opportunity to think about more elaborate, project-wide features such as screenshot localization, and better localization in general.

Participants:
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending superm1 (Mario Limonciello)

Tracks:
  • Other
G. Ballroom C (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Plans for the software-center server

Participants:
attending davmor2 (Dave Morley)
attending dpitkin (David Pitkin)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending glatzor (Sebastian Heinlein)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Discussing options for improving manual testing, metrics, and user feedback for those running the development version of ubuntu

Participants:
attending adam-stokes (Adam Stokes)
attending allanlesage (Allan LeSage)
attending davidbensimon (David Bensimon)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending modern911 (Jeffrey Chang)
attending mreed8855 (Michael Reed)
attending narahuang (Nara Huang)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending pwlars (Paul Larson)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending sergiusens (Sergio Schvezov)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)

Tracks:
  • QA
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
USB video devices (DisplayLink, among others) are technically supported by the Ubuntu X stack, but in practice are difficult to set up and finicky. What are the important use-cases for USB video, and can we make them less painful?

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending sverdy (Stéphane Verdy)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
G. Ballroom H (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Mozilla SUMO is the product that powers support.mozilla.org and we are aiming to transition help.ubuntu.com in its entirety to SUMO in the Q-Cycle or at the very least get excellent work done towards that goal.

Participants:
attending bkerensa (Benjamin Kerensa)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lafeber-dumoleyn (Hannie Dumoleyn)
attending lyz (Elizabeth K. Joseph)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending mike.basinger (Mike Basinger)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending petermatulis (Peter Matulis)
attending philipballew (philipballew)
attending yaili (Inayaili de León)

Tracks:
  • Community
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Déjà Dup Backup Tool has some ambitious long-term changes. This is a discussion of what we can do this cycle, what people can do to help, and feedback about both the current state and planned changes.

Participants:
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending chrisccoulson (Chris Coulson)
attending glatzor (Sebastian Heinlein)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending mterry (Michael Terry)
attending nilarimogard (Alin Andrei)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 201 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
It was originally planned to have a plenary session at UDS to show some of the improvements that happened to LXC and containers in general over the past cycle. Unfortunately, the schedule being already full, this plenary won't happen. I'd appreciate if this session could be scheduled early in the week and before the actual LXC session. Here's the agenda for this session: - Quick introduction to LXC and containers - Presentation of the current features and what was added during the 12.04 cycle - Some use cases for containers for developers and in a production environment - A demo of Ubuntu 12.04's LXC - Q&A and open discussion This session is aimed at anyone with an interest in LXC and containers. During the session you should learn enough to start using LXC in your everyday work. Ideas resulting from the Q&A and open discussion part of this session will be added to the other LXC session later in the week where we'll define the final roadmap for 12.10.

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending chaltain (Christopher Chaltain)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending christopherarges (Chris J Arges)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending stefan-bader-canonical (Stefan Bader)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending stolowski (Pawel Stolowski)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)
attending tribaal (Chris Glass)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Room 208 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
We should review all our charm processes and make sure they are low-barrier. We also need to figure out github integration.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending marcoceppi (Marco Ceppi)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Community
Room 210-211 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
13:00 - 14:00 PDT
Lunch
14:00 - 14:15 PDT [PLENARY]

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending jrp (Joshua R. Poulson)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending marcoxmeijer (Marco Meijer)
attending mathor (Craig Hrabal)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending smu-u (Sven Mueller)
attending stolowski (Pawel Stolowski)
Hall East
14:15 - 14:30 PDT [PLENARY]

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending marcoxmeijer (Marco Meijer)
attending mathor (Craig Hrabal)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending smu-u (Sven Mueller)
attending stolowski (Pawel Stolowski)
Hall East
14:30 - 14:45 PDT [PLENARY]

Participants:
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending marcoxmeijer (Marco Meijer)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending tgm4883 (Thomas Mashos)
Hall East
14:45 - 15:00 PDT [PLENARY]
Accomplishing an awesome app developer community

Participants:
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending med (David Medberry)
attending nryeng (Norvald H. Ryeng)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
Hall East
15:00 - 16:00 PDT
QML/Qt5 in use, example discussion, graphical effects, etc.

Participants:
attending acelankao (AceLan Kao)
attending bzoltan (Zoltán Balogh)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending girish (Girish Ramakrishnan)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending mardy (Alberto Mardegan)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending stolowski (Pawel Stolowski)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)

Tracks:
  • Other
G. Ballroom A (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bkerensa (Benjamin Kerensa)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
attending klarson (Keith Larson)
attending mike.basinger (Mike Basinger)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
The charm store has only been around for one release, so we're still learning how it relates to releases of Ubuntu. Also the LTS is likely a desired target for the next 2 years for conservative users. Topics: * When do we advance the charms dev focus to each new release of Ubuntu * Should we auto backport and forward port charms, if so, how?

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jimbaker (Jim Baker)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending marcoceppi (Marco Ceppi)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending nijaba (Nick Barcet)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
G. Ballroom C (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
OpenLDAP's new MDB library provides basically unlimited scaling for reads, high speed writes, and extremely efficient memory use. It has already been ported into a full OpenLDAP backend, a Cyrus SASL sasldb backend, a Heimdal hdb backend, and an SQLite backend with dramatic resource savings and performance gains yielded in each case. Work is also underway to provide a perl DB module, and other projects such as OpenDKIM are now adopting it. With the prevalence of apps dependent on SQLite in Android and other mobile platforms, and the order of magnitude efficiency gains from MDB, the potential for battery savings and extended runtimes on mobile devices is significant. What other apps/tools should we explore for MDB adoption?

Participants:
attending grantbow (Grant Bowman)
attending hyc (Howard Chu)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jakizuki (Jun Akizuki)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending petermatulis (Peter Matulis)
attending roy-feldman (Roy Feldman)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
Discussing ways to integrate the ubuntu friendly database for testing needs. -Creating a testing hardware database for targeted testing -Identifying and communicating with people with specific hardware for iso testing, feature testing, and hardware enablement and/or bug fixing -Make available the testing pool/results to developers (upstreams?)

Participants:
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mreed8855 (Michael Reed)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)

Tracks:
  • QA
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Review of the current Ubuntu Kernel patch delta from upstream. This session will look at the current delta comprised of both patches to the core and the ubuntu specific drivers. The aim is to record what we are carrying, review the reasons for that component(s) to be carried, and recommend replacements, updates, cleanups, upstreaming etc of those components.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending christopherarges (Chris J Arges)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending henrix (Luis Henriques)
attending herton (Herton R. Krzesinski)
attending ikepanhc (Ike Panhc)
attending jcrigby (John Rigby)
attending jjohansen (John Johansen)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kees (Kees Cook)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mike-sterling (Mike Sterling)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending stefan-bader-canonical (Stefan Bader)
attending timg-tpi (Tim Gardner)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
G. Ballroom H (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Continuation of Monday's session. Solving design problems together.

Tracks:
  • Design
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
The Ubuntu archive administration team has always required direct privileged shell access to the ftpmaster system in order to perform many of its routine tasks. This is a security problem, it prevents us from opening some tasks up to those who are not Canonical employees, and it makes it hard for us to improve our own tools. Improve the Launchpad API to handle all our requirements and write suitable API clients. We will know we have succeeded when archive admins no longer require shell access to do their jobs.

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending barry (Barry Warsaw)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending laney (Iain iain@orangesquash.org.uk)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending rvb (Raphaël Badin)
attending slavender (Scott Lavender)
attending timrchavez (Timothy R. Chavez)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Jr. Ballroom 2 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Started during the P cycle, the Developer Advisory Team has been reaching to development contributors and while things have worked out quite well, there are surely things we can improve. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperAdvisoryTeam Agenda: - team meetings - outreach - improve feedback collection process - get notified about contributor status changes (active→inactive, new→experienced) - following up with contributors who don't reply - avoiding trello craziness

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending andrewsomething (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)
attending bhavi (Bhavani Shankar)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)

Tracks:
  • Community
Room 201 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Not Attending Upstart roadmap ( Foundations )
= Summary = General discussion on the direction Upstart is heading in. = Ideas = - interactive boot. - full Upstart and SysV segregation (+ Upstart controlled shutdown). - event log for problem determination. - 'initctl kill <signal> <job>' - enabling user jobs. - introducing user job logging. - mountall plans. - custom actions. - cron replacement. - conditional start/stop on condition, based on whether a particular job is available for. Examples being:   - dovecot+postfix   - nis+autofs - ...? = References = - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Upstart/Ideas - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2011-June/033402.html - https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/upstart-devel/2011-August/001707.html = Blueprints = - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-upstart-service-readiness - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-upstart-overcome-ptrace-limitations - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-p-upstart-for-admins - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-p-upstart-convert-main-initd-to-jobs - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-p-upstart-roadmap

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending adam-stokes (Adam Stokes)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending glatzor (Sebastian Heinlein)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending mfisch (Matt Fischer)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending tjaalton (Timo Aaltonen)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Room 202 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint

Participants:
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending kevin-wright-1 (Kevin Wright)
attending ories (Olli Ries)

Tracks:
  • Other
Room 204 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
16:15 - 17:00 PDT

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bkerensa (Benjamin Kerensa)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
attending klarson (Keith Larson)
attending mike.basinger (Mike Basinger)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
Sound settings redesign review and discussion around further improvements and limitations of current implementation.

Participants:
attending cjcurran (Conor Curran)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
attending quadrispro (Alessio Treglia)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending saviq (Michał Sawicz)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
G. Ballroom A (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Get more app developers talking about Ubuntu and targeting Ubuntu. Promote Ubuntu as a platform in the places independent app developers socialize.

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bkerensa (Benjamin Kerensa)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending dylanmccall (Dylan McCall)
attending jonathan (Jonathan Carter)
attending josephjamesmills (Joseph Mills)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)

Tracks:
  • Community
G. Ballroom C (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Upstart currently considers a service "ready" (fully initialised) once: - [Services] The process has forked the expected number of times (0-2) - [Tasks] The process has been exec'd successfully For daemons therefore, "service readiness" is inextricably linked to the overloaded 'expect' stanza which is also used for PID tracking. The problem is that some services (such as cups) are _not_ ready once they have forked 'n' times. The proposal is to introduce a new 'ready on' stanza coupled with a 'ready' event that would allow explicit control over when Upstart deems a service to be in a usable state: http://people.canonical.com/~jhunt/blueprints/upstart-service-readiness-table.html Summary: - No change to existing 'expect' behaviour. - If no 'ready on' condition specified, 'ready' event emitted immediately   after 'started'. - If 'ready on' condition specified, 'ready' event emitted if and when   condition becomes true. - 'ready' event can optionally be used by other services as a more   reliable way to know when a service is fully initialized and thus usable. Observations: - possible to specify multiple values in 'ready on' condition such as:   "ready on (dbus NAME=org.bar.foo and file FPATH=/var/log/myapp.log and socket PROTO=inet PORT=80"   "ready on stopped myjob and started myjob2" - upstart-socket-bridge will be retained but with advent of (C), no   longer necessary to modify any daemons as is required by systemd for   "socket activation". Advantages: - No change to existing 'expect' behaviour. - Solves the readiness problem since .conf files would have a rich   palette of sources of readiness to choose from which should cover 99%   of all cases (udev, dbus, file, socket). - More reliable behaviour. - Would allow for simplification for jobs that currently fail to work   solely via ptrace (for example, see gross hacks in /etc/init/cups.conf). Work required: - Finish (C). - Implement (D) and (E). - Modify upstart-udev-bridge to look at "ready on" job stanzas to allow   "ready on <udev-event>". Concerns: - (D) would need to be accepted into the upstream kernel. - (D) would not currently work in LXC containers since netlink is effectively disabled (as it is not namespace-aware). Correct fix would presumably be to make netlink ns-aware? - (D) ties this feature to Linux rather heavily   (*could* provide a very crude /proc/net/{tcp,udp} implementation but   performance would be poor as file must be continually re-read!) - (C) would need to use inotify (or fsnotify to avoid complexities to overcome racy behaviour for inotify recursive watches) but could be ported to other architectures   (such as FreeBSD using kqueue). ---------------------------------- Alternative idea (from apw): put the onus on the daemons to inform Upstart when they are ready. This is in fact already possible using 'expect stop' where Upstart waits for the application to send SIGSTOP before considering it ready. It could be extended to obtain the PID directly via sigaction(2) to avoid the need to obtain it via ptrace(2). Could go a stage further and provide some sort of formal API rather than a signal to allow a daemon to indicate readiness (coupled with a utility command to do the same). Advantages: + simple. + puts onus on daemons rather than Upstart. + potentially removes the need to use ptrace for PID tracking. + if the API idea were selected, this could be used with SysV jobs too (by providing a NOP implementation for the traditional SysV init). + no kernel support required (so would map across to other systems (BSD/Hurd if desirable). + could be standardized as part of the LSB since it would be init-system-agnostic. Disadvantages: - daemons may ignore the standard behaviour. - we would need to modify every daemon in the archive to work with this model. - highly unlikely that commercial vendors would modify their products unless it were an approved standard. - putting control in the hands of the daemons is not necessarily desirable: consider if they go haywire - Upstart would not be able to control the problem as it may not yet know the PID.

Participants:
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending ivoks (Ante Karamatić)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending kees (Kees Cook)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lars-benthin (Lars Benthin)
attending ld-anderson (Lars Anderson)
attending mfisch (Matt Fischer)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending serge-hallyn (Serge Hallyn)
attending victor.zhou (Victor Zhou)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
(maintaining and reviewing charms)

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending imbrandon (Brandon Holtsclaw)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending marcoceppi (Marco Ceppi)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)

Tracks:
  • Cloud & Server
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
This blueprint is just a placeholder for scheduling purporses. For the description please go to: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/certify-planning/+spec/cert-q-external-testing

Participants:
attending adam-stokes (Adam Stokes)
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending mreed8855 (Michael Reed)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
  • Hardware
  • QA
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Rationale: We have lots and lots of bugs filed on a daily basis, bugs that could, given a set of heuristics, be automatically triaged. By triaged we mean flagged as important/unimportant. We want to do that with some level of certainty, to avoid missing important reports but removing the need of manually triaging every single bug filed against Ubuntu packages. Goal: Have a script or a set of scripts that automatically do the first round of triage, removing useless or not likely to be useful bug reports, and raising the priority of the potential issues whenever they happen. Remove the need of worrying about triaging all bugs and let us focus on fixing the important ones.

Participants:
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending christopherarges (Chris J Arges)
attending davidbensimon (David Bensimon)
attending hggdh2 (C de-Avillez)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jasoncwarner (Jason Warner)
attending jibel (Jean-Baptiste Lallement)
attending jsalisbury (Joseph Salisbury)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending samantha-jian (Samantha Jian-Pielak)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)
attending ursinha (Ursula Junque)

Tracks:
  • Other
Jr. Ballroom 2 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Figure out the most important use-cases for using Upstart in the desktop session and what requirements this puts on Upstart to verify whether it can start to be used for the desktop session in 12.10.

Participants:
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending broder (Evan Broder)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending pitti (Martin Pitt)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending ted (Ted Gould)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 208 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
17:05 - 18:00 PDT

Participants:
attending alanbell (Alan Bell)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending bkerensa (Benjamin Kerensa)
attending christophe.sauthier (Christophe Sauthier)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending czajkowski (Laura Czajkowski)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending itnet7 (Chris Crisafulli)
attending jonobacon (Jono Bacon)
attending jose (José Antonio Rey)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
attending klarson (Keith Larson)
attending mike.basinger (Mike Basinger)
attending pendulum (Penelope Stowe)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)
attending yoboy-leguesh (YoBoY)

Tracks:
  • Community
G. Ballroom B (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
To use their evaluation builds on different ARM architectures Linaro creates so called hardware packs which contain board specific bits like kernel, bootloader and drivers. The Ubuntu infrastructure currently uses debian-cd in the backend to make images bootable on ARM boards. In 12.10 we want to remove this duplicated effort and teach debian-cd about hwpacks from linaro so that it can make use of them for certain (if not all) ARM targeted images in the future. In the session going along with this spec we will have to discuss the necessary changes to debian-cd but also possibly required changes to the hwpacks (we might want to use a long term supported kernel for example or can not distribute drivers legally in a community distro which linaro includes in their builds with approval from the vendor etc.)

Participants:
attending adconrad (Adam Conrad)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending hrw (Marcin Juszkiewicz)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending ogra (Oliver Grawert)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sverdy (Stéphane Verdy)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)
attending wookey (Wookey)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
G. Ballroom C (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Application startup time is unnecessarily slow in a large number of instances. Can we see some improvement in that area in the Q cycle? The price of RAM has dropped dramatically, and usage has not increased all that much. Can't we use it for something when it's available? We now have Zeitgeist. This means we can know what users will do after login. It's possible to tell not only what applications will be started, but also what files will be used. In many cases, there's only a single human user in the system. I would really like it if I could set my work desktop to boot automatically in the morning, and it'd load my stuff into RAM while waiting for me to log in. There's also a few websites I always check first thing while I have my first cup of coffee. Load them too so I don't have to wait for it. I'm the only human user on my desktop, so why not log me in automatically, but in the background, keeping the login screen as it is? To my mind, these are all attainable goals: * Sub-second login * Instant loading of frequently used applications * Zero-delay access to most frequently used websites. Everyone is telling me to go buy a fast SSD. But that's expensive and in my case, it doesn't provide any benefits that can't be achieved by software. RAM is extremely cheap, and much faster than any SSD on the market. What currently happens is that the login screen sits there idling, waiting for me to pay attention to the computer before it starts doing work it knows I'm going to want it to do. That's rude, isn't it? In networked environments of diskless desktops, such as schools and offices, the effects can be even greater. It might not be possible to do background logins for the user, but a lot of things can still be loaded in advance, providing a significantly improved experience. And of course, the older the computers are, the greater the effect will be.

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending amigadave (David King)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending hzliu123 (Hao-Ran Liu)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending jpickett (Joel Pickett)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending knitzsche (Kyle Nitzsche)
attending lli5 (Li Li)
attending mardy (Alberto Mardegan)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nealmcb (Neal McBurnett)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending robert-ancell (Robert Ancell)
attending rsalveti (Ricardo Salveti)
attending sfeole (Sean Feole)
attending sforshee (Seth Forshee)
attending stolowski (Pawel Stolowski)
attending themuso (Luke Yelavich)
attending timo-jyrinki (Timo Jyrinki)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
G. Ballroom F (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Port indicators to GMenu

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending allanlesage (Allan LeSage)
attending charlesk (Charles Kerr)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjcurran (Conor Curran)
attending desrt (Ryan Lortie)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending larsu (Lars Uebernickel)
attending mathieu-tl (Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre)
attending mhr3 (Michal Hruby)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending seb128 (Sebastien Bacher)
attending ted (Ted Gould)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
G. Ballroom G (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
mdadm currently has a gaggle of open bugs, and every cycle the RAID ISO tests produce new and interesting bugs. It seems like we're doing something a bit wrong with Software RAID. There are some valid solutions here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReliableRaid which should be discussed and either refuted or implemented.

Participants:
attending acelankao (AceLan Kao)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brian-murray (Brian Murray)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending cjwatson (Colin Watson)
attending clint-fewbar (Clint Byrum)
attending colin-king (Colin Ian King)
attending davidbensimon (David Bensimon)
attending dmitrij.ledkov (Dmitrijs Ledkovs)
attending drussell (Dave Russell)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending jamesodhunt (James Hunt)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jeff-underhill (Jeff Underhill)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending kees (Kees Cook)
attending mahmoh (M.Morana)
attending ove-risberg (Ove Risberg)
attending petermatulis (Peter Matulis)
attending peter-petrakis (Peter Petrakis)
attending sbeattie (Steve Beattie)
attending stefan-bader-canonical (Stefan Bader)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)
attending stgraber (Stéphane Graber)
attending timchen119 (Tim Chen)
attending vorlon (Steve Langasek)
attending zulcss (Chuck Short)

Tracks:
  • Foundations
Jr. Ballroom 1 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Growing the amount of charms in the charm store

Participants:
attending a.rosales (Antonio Rosales)
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending daker (Adnane Belmadiaf)
attending dweaver (Darryl Weaver)
attending fenris (Khairul Aizat Kamarudzzaman)
attending imbrandon (Brandon Holtsclaw)
attending james-page (James Page)
attending jorge (Jorge Castro)
attending koolhead17 (koolhead17)
attending marcoceppi (Marco Ceppi)
attending mark-mims (Mark Mims)
attending nealmcb (Neal McBurnett)
attending negronjl (Juan L. Negron)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Community
Jr. Ballroom 2 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
The App Review Board and its processes were put in place 1.5 years ago. It's time to review how policies and requirements have been working out for us. Daniel H put together some discussion about a key point of these policise, the /opt requirement, at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OptRequirement which can provide a basis for the discussion

Participants:
attending ajmitch (Andrew Mitchell)
attending allison (Allison Randal)
attending andrewsomething (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)
attending bhavi (Bhavani Shankar)
attending chihchun (Rex Tsai)
attending davidc3 (David Callé)
attending dholbach (Daniel Holbach)
attending dpm (David Planella)
attending elachuni (Anthony Lenton)
attending gary-lasker (Gary Lasker)
attending glatzor (Sebastian Heinlein)
attending james-w (James Westby)
attending jdstrand (Jamie Strandboge)
attending jkgodzvision (John Kim)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending mhall119 (Michael Hall)
attending micahg (Micah Gersten)
attending mvo (Michael Vogt)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending stefanor (Stefano Rivera)

Tracks:
  • Community
Room 201 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint

Participants:
attending apulido (Ara Pulido)
attending apw (Andy Whitcroft)
attending brad-figg (Brad Figg)
attending brendan-donegan (Brendan Donegan)
attending bryce (Bryce Harrington)
attending cr3 (Marc Tardif)
attending david-duffey (David Duffey)
attending diwic (David Henningsson)
attending gekker (Gary Ekker)
attending gema (Gema Gomez)
attending javier.collado (Javier Collado)
attending leannogasawara (Leann Ogasawara)
attending mlankhorst (Maarten Lankhorst)
attending modern911 (Jeffrey Chang)
attending nskaggs (Nicholas Skaggs)
attending nuclearbob (Max Brustkern)
attending raof (Chris Halse Rogers)
attending roadmr (Daniel Manrique)
attending smagoun (Steve Magoun)
attending vanhoof (Chris Van Hoof)

Tracks:
  • Hardware
Room 202 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs)
Using more than one computer, often it would be useful to have a way to synchronize settings among multiple computers. For example you change the desktop wallpaper on your office PC and you want to find the same wallpaper when you go back home on your personal PC or on your laptop. Language settings, online accounts, privacy settings ecc... are only few examples of settings you could want to have synchronized. More specs in my blog page: http://www.andreagrandi.it/2012/02/21/ubuntu-syncronizing-settings-among-multiple-pc-using-ubuntu-one/

Participants:
attending 3v1n0 (Marco Trevisan (Treviño))
attending achiang (Alex Chiang)
attending andreagrandi (Andrea Grandi)
attending chipaca (John Lenton)
attending cjohnston (Chris Johnston)
attending cprofitt (Charles Profitt)
attending didrocks (Didier Roche)
attending franciscomol (Paco Molinero)
attending jamesf (James Ferguson)
attending mfisch (Matt Fischer)
attending pdickeybeta (Patrick Dickey)
attending quadrispro (Alessio Treglia)
attending sil (Stuart Langridge)
attending sverdy (Stéphane Verdy)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 203 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Kubuntu Active in Quantal

Participants:
attending acelankao (AceLan Kao)
attending bulldog98 (Jonathan Kolberg)
attending david.wonderly (David Wonderly)
attending kate.stewart (Kate Stewart)
attending rbelem (Rodrigo Belem)
attending txwikinger (Ralph Janke)

Tracks:
  • Desktop
Room 204 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
Notify OSD has been around for a while. In the main time our competitors introduced solutions using quite different approaches. Come to this session to discuss current issues and brainstorm eventual improvements.

Participants:
attending bilalakhtar (Bilal Akhtar)
attending dylanmccall (Dylan McCall)
attending evfool (Robert Roth)
attending gilir (Julien Lavergne)
attending ken-vandine (Ken VanDine)
attending kevin-wright-1 (Kevin Wright)
attending mpt (Matthew Paul Thomas)
attending nobuto (Nobuto MURATA)
attending nuthinking (Christian Giordano)
Room 210-211 (Audio Feed) (IRC Logs) Go to Blueprint
< Tuesday >