== Degraded Hardware Notifications ==
There are multiple ways hardware can degrade on the machine you are
- degraded RAID
- 100% disk space usage
- 100% inode usage
- S.M.A.R.T. - failing hardware
- etc (?!)
== Current notifications ==
- are sometimes annoying (endless popups on desktop for SMART)
- non-existent AFAIK (inodes)
- not configured out the box (degraded RAID http://pad.lv/535417)
== Proposed notifications ==
Sometimes a user may not have the permissions to rectify the problem.
The notification should stay persistent, until fixed.
These notifications are important across all installation types.
This notifications should not replicate Nagios/Check_Mk monitoring.
- system indicators (Ubuntu Desktop)
- byobu plugin (Ubuntu Server)
- MOTD (Ubuntu Core)
- landscape notifications
- others ?! (Virtual Machines, cloud instance, etc)
== UDS session ==
- Discuss what notifications we would like to implement
- How/where/who will implement them